Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need help. I was installing my new lower control arms with Moog Problem Solvers for the rear vertical bushing but when I went to go torque them the washer on the bushing just bends. I didn't even get to 100 ft/lbs of torque. The torque is supposed to be around 160 ft/lbs. Are these bushings just bad? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had the same exact problem when I installed them on my last Neon and I've read others have also had the issue. Sketchy or not, I just threw some red Loctite on mine and ran them at 100 ft lbs. I didn't have any problems after that, but it's not ideal. I'm not sure if anyone's come up with a legit fix for it yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same exact problem when I installed them on my last Neon and I've read others have also had the issue. Sketchy or not, I just threw some red Loctite on mine and ran them at 100 ft lbs. I didn't have any problems after that, but it's not ideal. I'm not sure if anyone's come up with a legit fix for it yet.
Oh Yeah. I saw your post on neons.org and asked you about it. I am going to try and torque everything when its on the ground and hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts