Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what mods could you install and take off [for warranty work] where the dealer would never know the mods were ever on there . example i heard wga to install u need to bend something .Im thinking boost controll and exhaust

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nothing you can install and uninstall will help you. Boost controler and your car will just pull timing and the stock wga won't be able to hold it so your wasting your time. Exhaust, Intake and whatnot no real huge gain to be gotten in stock form. You're just gonna have to pay to play man. If anything get a wga and dial it in to hold 15 psi all the way through the rpm range. You won't start to pull timing until higher than 15 psi so this in my opinon is the best mod you can do. It pulls hard all the way through instead of falling on it's face after 5k and it spools faster.

You don't have to bend anything to get a WGA on. Just some of them you did but they have direct fitment ones now. Just 4 or 5 bolts on your heat shield 10mm (I only have 2 now since I didn't see the point in 5 bolts for a piece of sheet metal.), 2 bolt's on your wastegate 12 mm, and 1 clip. That's the easiest thing to install I believe. Especially after the Mopar BOV.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home_Skillet said:
Nothing you can install and uninstall will help you. Boost controler and your car will just pull timing and the stock wga won't be able to hold it so your wasting your time. Exhaust, Intake and whatnot no real huge gain to be gotten in stock form. You're just gonna have to pay to play man. If anything get a wga and dial it in to hold 15 psi all the way through the rpm range. You won't start to pull timing until higher than 15 psi so this in my opinon is the best mod you can do. It pulls hard all the way through instead of falling on it's face after 5k and it spools faster.

You don't have to bend anything to get a WGA on. Just some of them you did but they have direct fitment ones now. Just 4 or 5 bolts on your heat shield 10mm (I only have 2 now since I didn't see the point in 5 bolts for a piece of sheet metal.), 2 bolt's on your wastegate 12 mm, and 1 clip. That's the easiest thing to install I believe. Especially after the Mopar BOV.
which brand wga is a direct fit without bending ,very interested
sounds perfect for me just want to open it up a little more without the dealer knowing with some weight reduction and some suspension mods .any other ideas would be helpfull too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
AGP and Mopar stage 2 (what I have) go to modernperformance.com and ask anyone there which one doesn't require convensing your heat shield. Usually it says on the product description.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone else know what skillet meant by dial in 15 psi? Does he mean on a boost controller or on wga itself ? Sorry for dumb question

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can adjust the aftermarket wga. Now not as accurately as a boost controler. It's also called loading the spring. Takes a lot of time to do but if you can it's worth it. Like on my wastegate I hit 18 psi for an instant (boost spike) but it quickly falls to 14-15 and holds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts