Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I managed to document the complete installation for the Greddy turbo timer. It took me some time to wire the unit to the car being that the ignition harness has alot of different wires on it.

The turbo timer needs to be connected to a "Run" wire, an "ACC" wire and a "ON" wire. What made the install so difficult was that there where more than 2 Run wires, more than 2 ACC wires and more than 2 On wires. So it was a pain to figure out which went where. Lucky I managed to get the manual. It managed to help me out some.

I managed to get a Check Engine light on for not wiring it correctly. I managed to get the bugs out. You also have to modify the Greddy harness.

I put the unit up on my site. It comes with a modified harness, additional hardware and a detailed 4page installation guide .

http://www.exhaustdepot.net/grtutimofors.html

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going from one corner to another to the grocery store I would say no. I have mine set at 20sec at all times thou gh.

If your cruising on the highway at 70mph like it is here. I would let it cool down for a min or so. If your racing the car and pull over quickly, i would let it sit for 3min or so depending on how hard you where boosting.

If your racing the car then you stop at 3-4 traffic lights before you get home. Then 20 sec would be ok because the turbos where cooling down at the traffic lights.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Looks good, try www.the12volt.com for wiring diagrams. There are a few errors in it, (I used the 2000 Neon) but it gives ya a better idea where to start. I used the Blitz unit, mounted the display up at the top edge of the windshield by the mirror.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure the blitz hook ups where the same. I managed to use the srt official manual and it threw me off being that there are more than one RUN wire more thaqn one ACC wire etc. So it was trial and error till i got hte right one hooked up. I also had to modify the wire being that it was to short and also being that there is no direct plug in harness yet evailable.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Q: Is the auto mode worth using? Or is it better to just dial up a few minutes when you've been running hard?

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The auto mode is pretty good. It dials up a little higher than what I wanted. The blitz one is excellent being that it also reads boost. So the TT is set based on what RPM and when you crossed over .1bar. I just finished installing and documenting that one too.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
woot just ordered me the Blitz unit from ED :D

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Yup, harness is no fun to do. What you think of my install instructions, help any?
Oh on that....theres 2 things that could have been more helpful....Ill call u when i get a chance

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
any feed back is apprechiated.
*appreciated* :p

that is, if you want feedback...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
13 Participants
ACRucrazy
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing