Dodge SRT Forum banner

Modern Performance Service

4K views 51 replies 29 participants last post by  SRT-4 Neon 
#1 ·
I wasn't to thrilled about their service. I had purchased a new AEM cold air intake and an oil catch can. The intake came in and it was the wrong color. My car is red and they sent me a blue intake when I asked for red, or polished. They then failed to inform me that my catch can was out of stock. They didn't call or email me, they just wrote it on the reciept. Anyone else have problems from them?

#2 ·
I had great serveice from Modern. I ordered a STS, Booger bushings, polished shift knob, and Prothane motor mount inserts from them and the package arrived in just 3 days.

Sorry to hear that their service wasn't as good for you. My guess is they'll take care of you if you give them a chance.

Good luck,
Larry

#4 ·
Ok here's my story;
Oredered a K&n filter on Jun adn it was shipped on Aug 11, called several times and received mixed information
first on jul : it was shipped las week
second on jul it is on backorder
third on august : it was shiiped last week but don't knnow when
Fouth on Aug: It was shipped last week on august 11.

I received the filter last week. They have good prices/products, but they need badly to improve the call center. If an item is on backorder please inform(some of us don't like to wait). Have all your service representatives with the complete and correct information.

Don't know if would buy again.

#6 ·
You'll get good service and you may at times get bad service. The one person who gets good service will tell maybe a few people, but the person who gets bad service will tell more than 5 people about the service. It like car dealerships. If I was consumer store I would consider all possible bad replies and strive to make the business better. Take for example JMB Performance. I have never bought from him but all I hear is "Great Quality", "Excellent Work", "Awsome Customer Service" and many others. I am leaning more towards buying from Turboneonstore.com, Exhaustdepot.com, Maxxfab.com, and JMBperformance.com just because the way the handle customer issues and the good replies that are on the forum.

#10 ·
i have gotten good services from them so for so good. now thay did not tell me stuff was not in stock. but i think what thay can do to make service alil better is send a email to you telling you when shipping and when stuff is out of stock. i am waiting on alot of stuff right now. but i am sure thay will send it as soon as thay get it. i am happy with there service so far...

#11 ·
My gf ordered me booger bushings & the DC strut bar last october for my b-day, we finally canceled the order in late December... :( Everything we've ordered has been on back order....

Modern Performance needs a way we can order online! Sometime's I feel like pulling the credit card out at 2am.. IMO their site is one of the best looking & easiest to navigate, but they need to ice the cake. Anyone listening ;)

#13 · (Edited)
WT?!? nwo thats 2 people who stole my freakin avatar dam

~maxxdoutsrt & hydrohopper wtf every one stealin my avatat for? i changed it i cant stand this any more!!!

now about modern, they are great and all corry is teh shit, but this summer i orderd an A/f guage. the mopar one and i asked if i needed anythin to run the guage they siad no it will work on stock o2 well guess what we all no it doesnt so i got it tryd it and to my surprise it didnt work so i had to iether buy a 100 buk guage from mopar or do some experimenting of my own. Ps if any one wants to know u weld an o2 bung next to the stock one, and put a one wire o2 bosch #11027 in it hook up to sensor and there ya go. but i mean i was kinda disapointed that they didnt even know that this was a problem. i would have thought that a company with 2 project cars would have at least figured out that the a/f doesnt work with the stock o2

#14 ·
First, sorry isthattatank I'll change it (just REALLY LIKE IT!!). Second lets get way off the thread for a minute . . . I was thinking about purchasing an af gauge sometime. I want the one that Mopar makes that says SRT on it. But I want it to read correct and accuratly so would I have to purchase an controller with the aftermarket O2 sensor? Does anyone make the O2 housing with the bung already in place?

Ok back to the subject . . . That is kills me about some vendors. They take in the responsibility to sell the items but no nothing about it. Example, I was going to order a AEM CAI from cardomain.com. I knew that AEM had a recall on most of their intakes because of the issue that the items were damaging under the hoods. Right when I got ready to give the my CC# I asked if that was the new or old intakes. Then he knew what I was talking about and told me that I shouldn't order that one because of the issues. WTF??? Has he not going to tell me? No! He was going to let me get excited, place it on my car, and get pissed and send it back because he "failed to tell me"

#15 ·
I've purchased from Cory, David and the rest of the MPx crew over 100 times and never had one single problem, ever.

#16 ·
i've purchased 3x from them...been lied to, mis-led and now blown off. They get nothing from me ever again.

this should be in their forum where they could see it...probably close it off and blame the suppliers. But if you tell someone its in stock, if you post to this forum its in stock...if I call up and order it and you say it'll be shipped. you better damn well be telling the truth.

Twice now they have taken my money for a part, told me it would ship ASAP...and I've received no part, only excuses about it being out of stock. If i order an out of stock part and you tell me its out..i expect to wait...but if you tell me its in stock, then i should not be waiting.

C

#17 ·
I think if an order was processed(money was taken) then the part had to be shipped. If you process the order without shipping the product, I believe that is illegal, unless stated ahead of time. If you call the credit card company and inform them of the problems they usually take action against the company for doing that. So give your credit card company a call on their support line, see what they can do, they can make the company move a little quicker than you can Id put money on that.

Josh

#20 · (Edited)
SRT4shizzle said:
I think if an order was processed(money was taken) then the part had to be shipped. If you process the order without shipping the product, I believe that is illegal, unless stated ahead of time. If you call the credit card company and inform them of the problems they usually take action against the company for doing that. So give your credit card company a call on their support line, see what they can do, they can make the company move a little quicker than you can Id put money on that.

Josh
I'm trying to give them every opportunity to make it right. Everyone says thats what modern does with problems...

The trouble is they don't see where the REAL problem is.

And they can't be made to move quicker because the part is out of stock...now its a waiting game for progress to make more and send them out. Modern is in perfect shape, they have my money and its gaining interest in their account...i've got a piece of paper i'm sure its adding several horsepower to my car by sitting on the dash.

C

#21 ·
SRT-4 Neon said:
I'm trying to give them every opportunity to make it right. Everyone says thats what modern does with problems...

The trouble is they don't see where the REAL problem is.

And they can't be made to move quicker because the part is out of stock...now its a waiting game for progress to make more and send them out. Modern is in perfect shape, they have my money and its gaining interest in their account...i've got a piece of paper i'm sure its adding several horsepower to my car by sitting on the dash.

C
By being moved quicker, meaning Im sure it will help to correct the problem they have in the future. Alot of CC companys will take their service away from you for things such as this. And in either fashion, it is still illegal for them to remove the money from your account without a product being moved, and/or without previous notice.

Good point with them being in perfect shape, which makes me ask why even more than before!

#22 ·
Hey C, sorry to hear about it. Last Tuesday I ordered an Iceman intake from them and got it yesterday. Make sure you ask them if they have in stock what you're looking for and if they'll send it on the same day you're placing the order.

As a general practice, I never order anything when it's not in stock. I rather wait instead of going through a situation like yours.

However, I must say that I've never had any problems with Moderns.

Good luck.

Ed.

#23 ·
SRT4ED said:
Hey C, sorry to hear about it. Last Tuesday I ordered an Iceman intake from them and got it yesterday. Make sure you ask them if they have in stock what you're looking for and if they'll send it on the same day you're placing the order.

As a general practice, I never order anything when it's not in stock. I rather wait instead of going through a situation like yours.

However, I must say that I've never had any problems with Moderns.

Good luck.

Ed.
Thats the problem he was told it was in stock 2? times I think, once on live help and once over the phone!

Josh

#25 ·
Yeah i was told 2x it was in...and the day after i ordered they posted it was in stock. Turboneonstore's system is incredible. if they have it you see a green dot, if its low you see yellow if its out you see red. No surprises...and I've never had a delay from them with my orders.

C

#26 ·
I'm a newbee SRT-4 owner, but I've already done business with at least 5 companies that I found out about from this board. And as of now I can only speak highly of 2 of them: MPx and Ruthless Carbon/Graphics. Both of them gave flawless transactions.Turbo Neon Store was OK, but didn't inform me that some of my parts were on b/o when they only shipped the parts they had in stock. I'm also in the process of doing a transaction with
JMB Performance, and it seems to also be going smoothly. But I'm wrapped up with some pretty pizz poor business dealing with a couple of other places, and I'm about ready to pull the plug. I don't believe in laying the smack down until I have all my facts, but I know if I conducted business like some of these places I'd prolly be living in a cardboard condo and be eating at the dumpster diner, 'cause all my biz would go *POOF*!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.