Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3" exhaust (including 02 housing), and soon will have S2 w/o toys. I was wondering what I could do next... I was thinking a larger intercooler, but i'm not really sure how much that would do for me, though it would look bad ass. Any suggestions? I've heard that an "E1" is a good thing to do next, what the hell is that?

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
phreeezer said:
I have a 3" exhaust (including 02 housing), and soon will have S2 w/o toys. I was wondering what I could do next... I was thinking a larger intercooler, but i'm not really sure how much that would do for me, though it would look bad ass. Any suggestions? I've heard that an "E1" is a good thing to do next, what the hell is that?
It's an upgraded stock turbo...
Go the the vendor section and look up Forward Motion and PTP

Flip a coin or buy based on $$$...
Good luck!

·
Registered
800 Posts
E1 is a larger compressor wheel and mild turbine blade clip to improve flow.

·
Premium Member, 2011 Calendar Car
3,415 Posts
Get an FM wga. I just put one on mine and it made the stage 2 come to life. After driving the car for a year with the s2 wga and then going to this. The stage 2 wga is a pos compaired. Then go E1 turbo.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Several vendors are selling ported stocker setups for different budgets. you will also want a strong wga to get you up past 20psi. You will also lose the PTB in the process which is great.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Double J said:
Get an FM wga. I just put one on mine and it made the stage 2 come to life. After driving the car for a year with the s2 wga and then going to this. The stage 2 wga is a pos compaired. Then go E1 turbo.

I bet it sucks that your gas peddle is now an on/off switch thanks to PTB. Does you DAB even work with the new wastegate? I've heard it only works with a few of them.

·
3,415 Posts
N1ck said:
Double J said:

I bet it sucks that your gas peddle is now an on/off switch thanks to PTB. Does you DAB even work with the new wastegate? I've heard it only works with a few of them.
Yes the dail a boost still works fine. I tested it today. As for ptb, I was worried about that. Thats why I waited so long to upgrade the wga. But it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Very easy to controll. I can hold it at 5 psi at part throttle just like with the s2 wga. The car pulls like a monster compaired to how it was before. Plus i'm installing an E1 turbo in about 2 weeks so that little bit of ptb I get now will be gone anyway.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Double J said:
N1ck said:
Double J said:

Yes the dail a boost still works fine. I tested it today. As for ptb, I was worried about that. Thats why I waited so long to upgrade the wga. But it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Very easy to controll. I can hold it at 5 psi at part throttle just like with the s2 wga. The car pulls like a monster compaired to how it was before. Plus i'm installing an E1 turbo in about 2 weeks so that little bit of ptb I get now will be gone anyway.:thumbsup:
I don't understand how everyone says that you get no part throttle over-boost when running the SST or E1/E2 with an aftermarket WGA. Is it just because it is ported and a bigger wheel making it a little "laggier"? Because PTP says that the spool time should pretty much be the same as the stocker. Is it a different vacuum line config?

·
3,415 Posts
blab10 said:
Double J said:
N1ck said:
Double J said:

I don't understand how everyone says that you get no part throttle over-boost when running the SST or E1/E2 with an aftermarket WGA. Is it just because it is ported and a bigger wheel making it a little "laggier"? Because PTP says that the spool time should pretty much be the same as the stocker. Is it a different vacuum line config?
I think it has something to do with the clipped wheel on the exhaust side.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok.. so I have been reading for like an hour now and i'm more confused than when I started.

I have quite a few question.. hopefully you guys can answer them!

So I think what I really want to do after S2 is a BFMIC and then get AFC so I can get it tuned (I hear S2 runs really rich). Is this a good idea, and should I also get a wideband?

After that... possibly the E1 or SST or something similar. As far as I know, i'll need a better WGA. Will I need any fuel upgrades? (Besides the S2 injectors)

I love this car, but it seems that there's so many different ways to go as far as mods go. It's giving me a headache! If someone could just tell me how to get close to ~280whp on the stocker without sacrificing reliability, I would really appreciate it. Remember I already have S2 and 3" TBE.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
phreeezer said:
Ok.. so I have been reading for like an hour now and i'm more confused than when I started.

I have quite a few question.. hopefully you guys can answer them!

So I think what I really want to do after S2 is a BFMIC and then get AFC so I can get it tuned (I hear S2 runs really rich). Is this a good idea, and should I also get a wideband?

After that... possibly the E1 or SST or something similar. As far as I know, i'll need a better WGA. Will I need any fuel upgrades? (Besides the S2 injectors)

I love this car, but it seems that there's so many different ways to go as far as mods go. It's giving me a headache! If someone could just tell me how to get close to ~280whp on the stocker without sacrificing reliability, I would really appreciate it. Remember I already have S2 and 3" TBE.

Thanks guys!
Stage 2 with full 3inch exhaust and safc with a good tune should get you close to 280. Or just slap on an Enforcer turbo and get closer to 300 without tuning. Stage 2 provides enough fuel for around 20lbs of boost from the E turbo's. (depending on the rest of the setup)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
FtBraggSrt4 said:
I have stage 2 w/ SST and ptp wga with no PTB
How does that work? Is it a different vacuum line setup or are you just running a line straight form the back of the turbo?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Double J said:
I have been thinking alot about getting the FM WGA and allmost bought it today but i have a queston first. Will the FM WGA make me run out of gas? with my set up right now i am tuned (dyno) and hitting 20lb of boost but there isnt much to my tune since i'm using most of my fuel anyway. only pulling about 2%. will the FM WGA help me at this point with out any fuel mods?
performance mods are S2 w/o, mopar cat back, mopar cat delete, Agp direct fit, Aem intake, safc II. I quickly spike to 15 then climb to 20 then drop to 14-15 by redline.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if ive got a 05 with only stage 2 w/o and needswings dp with dump open, what do i have to do with my spark plugs as far as gapping or just getting new ones.

·
Registered
225 Posts
SHANTSRT4 said:
if ive got a 05 with only stage 2 w/o and needswings dp with dump open, what do i have to do with my spark plugs as far as gapping or just getting new ones.
Get some new plugs. If you feel like it, gap them down to around .035". Mine are still .045, and the car runs great.

It's up to you, but at the very least, get some NGKs.

- Joshua

·
Registered
389 Posts
is that a normal quarter mile time for stage 2 in your sig. I hope i can do better than that with s2 and the v5 dump or else im gonna have to spend alot more money

1 - 20 of 22 Posts