Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought mobile one extended performance high mileage 5w-30 to put in my engine and trans. Should I just put normal mobile one high mileage instead of the extended performance high mileage?

·
Premium Member
3,719 Posts
i doubt you would ever notice a difference between the two... i'd just run what you already have. saves you a trip back to the store.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Mobil. Not Mobile.

It was the high mileage that you were supposed to run in the transmission. But Mobil lowered the zinc content from what I heard. I run Royal Purple Synchromax in my transmission.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doubt you would ever notice a difference between the two... i'd just run what you already have. saves you a trip back to the store.
Ok cool. I was reading about it, the extended performance high mileage supposedly has more zddp than the normal high mileage and has more conditioners and detergents. So it should be good enough

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I don't know why everyone is so hung up on ZDDP. Things have changed, the level of zinc is not an indication of oil performance. If you really care get a used oil analysis done and stop guessing.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok cool. I was reading about it, the extended performance high mileage supposedly has more zddp than the normal high mileage and has more conditioners and detergents. So it should be good enough
This has been discussed over and over again. I am guilty of asking as well... but I have not heard of the extended oil being a replacement. It would make sense. The original high mileage is not as high as it was years ago. However, mobil has the charts on their site.

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-racing-product-guide.pdf

Mobil 5-30 has a zinc level of 900. The racing oil equivalent would be the Racing 0-30 which has a zinc level of 1800+. Im kind of curious about it but it may need higher average temp to perform the best.

Though, I agree w s3*ps2 - I use RP syncro and works just fine! Shifted like butter after teh first change. Amsoil will probably be my next one to try. Also heard Redline is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts