Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
All I'm going to say is working at a dealership myself, I have a dealer mail that was sent out stating EXACTLY that 5W-30 is to be used in the SRT-4. I'm not arguing anything because I was going to contact Dodge today but had a busy time and didn't get a chance to. It may be different per region, but I'm still trying to get a hold of Dodge to determine the EXACT answer.
(Not trying to be a smart ass either)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
5w-30 for hot climates..
10w-30 for the colder climtates...
actuall it says so on the back of the oil container :D

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
so did i post that backwards or am i just reading it fucked up ??

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
damn no i have to read the book again :(

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i think i saw 10w-30 in the book (no im sure it was)

*** edit ***
for you guys putting pics up it would be a good idea to get something like paint shop pro from jasc or some other tool to change the compression on jpg's so they are smaller and easier to get.

i usually sink mine from about a meg to 100k and they still look very good... just a thought :)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All this info is out of the MasterTech books. These are the books that I have to hand out each month to the techs so they can keep up on their traning, and so our dealership can stay FiveStar certified.

Can anybody get a hold of a U.S Mastertech book? Do you have the same info? Is the oil recomended at 5W30 instead of 10W30 like this one?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
oil

10w-30 preferred...0 degrees F ~~>+

new england here

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
its 5w for colder weather. or 0w for alaska. :lol:

i use 10w-60 in my bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
im not too up on oil ratings...so tell me if some advice i got is screwed up or not, i was told 5-50 synthetic would be ideal for south florida?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
canadian_srt4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing