Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has an 05 SRT4 and its completely stock.... the car will run fine but when you go WOT shortly after the car will miss and sound like a boxer engine.... It will get a flashing cel at the same time.... We've replaced plugs and plug wires.... I guess the coil is next (which I don't see being it with how it runs) then injectors.... After than god only knows :( .... Any ideas??

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an 04 SRT and I'm having the same problem only it got worse after going on a road trip. It missed hard a couple time going through higher elevations, but the missing problem has definitely gotten worse. I would also like to know what caused this problem. I only have 25000miles on it????

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
I assume there has to be a check engine light. What is the code? Do you know how to check the code? Let us know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we'll check tom. but its safe to say a misfire code in one or more cylinders lol.... Maybe something else will pop up also.... This car also has less than 30k on it.... Also after changing the stock plugs (which most were gapped .50+) they were all BLACK with carbon build up everywhere..... One of the fuckin plugs the whole metal top had broke off and god only knows where it went but one could only imagine.... Thumbs down for dodge using CHEAP POS spark plugs.... :ninja:

^^^^ If you read the inital post I did say it would promptly throw a flashing code....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I brought mine into the shop today and ran it with the computer. I had a miss fire so we are going to replace the plugs and wires tomorrow. I have NGK plugs to go in but will use stock replacement wires i'll let you know how it works SRT21. Your buddy may have gotten a bad plug or one with the wrong gap .50 at the most.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
plugs
wires
injectors
coil
cam/crank sensor

Check them in that order.....

I'm sure it has something to do with the HUGE gap in the plugs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
changing the plugs didn't affect anything.... neither did changing the plug wires.... doing a compression test tom....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Keep closing your gap down. I had the same problems after I Installed the stage 3 setup. I think I'm down to about .32 without any problems now.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
i'm having the same problem, only mine isn't at wot... it's ALL the time. it throws a cylinder 4 misfire. did the basics... wires, plugs, gap at .32,changed the coil, but she's still throwing the code. cylinder 4's plug is beautiful, no carbon build up, no off colors, nothing. it looks like a good plug...my engine rocks very badly... but i think that's from a bad motor mount which will be remedied here real soon, but what else could it be? would a cam/crank sensors throw the misfire code and not throw a code for the sensor itself?

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
master_1011 said:
plugs
wires
injectors
coil
cam/crank sensor

Check them in that order.....
:readclose

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Uhm, Jimmy, could you please PM me a price for a new cam/crank sensor, then put it in a box.I have this same problem only NO codes. I changed everything, coil, plugs, gap, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plug wires, did the TPS repair, verified 58psi at the fuel rail with a fuel pressure tester, do a very thorough boost leak test, etc. Nothing changed. I know its not the fuel injectors cause it also did this when I was stage 1. If it were the injectors, the stage 2 injectors would have fix that. Are there any other wire repair kits, like for the IAC? If there is and you have it, put that in the box also. I will keep throwing parts at it til I find it, and ALL of the wires seem to be a wak point of failure. Thanks guys, any info or insight would be so appreciated that it isnt funny!:crying:

thepowertowin said:
I assume there has to be a check engine light. What is the code? Do you know how to check the code? Let us know.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Brads neon SRT4 said:
i'm having the same problem, only mine isn't at wot... it's ALL the time. it throws a cylinder 4 misfire. did the basics... wires, plugs, gap at .32,changed the coil, but she's still throwing the code. cylinder 4's plug is beautiful, no carbon build up, no off colors, nothing. it looks like a good plug...my engine rocks very badly... but i think that's from a bad motor mount which will be remedied here real soon, but what else could it be? would a cam/crank sensors throw the misfire code and not throw a code for the sensor itself?
check the injector wires for cyl 4. . .might even wanna go ahead and make sure all your injectors are properly wired.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts