Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive bought my car a few weeks ago ive been getting the code p0301 cylinder one misfire and now ive got that and three and random cylinder misfire.. my car drives okayish but it does run a little rough it has since i got it. but as soon as i step on it and get some boost it like stumbles or sputters.. personally i think its a fuel pump.. but im lost on where to start with this thing :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my first guess so i replaced it with ngk plugs gapped to .035 msd wires and msd coil and yet still it was running rough i tryed some seafoam as much as i didnt want to in my fuel to clean my injectors and still its running rough. :mopar:

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
That was my first guess so i replaced it with ngk plugs gapped to .035 msd wires and msd coil and yet still it was running rough i tryed some seafoam as much as i didnt want to in my fuel to clean my injectors and still its running rough. :mopar:
in bold could be your problem.. but any other cel? Boost levels? and wideband?

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
MSD coils don't work very well on these cars, the OEM Dodge coil is the best one.

You may just have a bad tank of gas that was sitting in the car too long or someone filled it up with 87 octane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those are the only cels im getting and i did notice yesterday it looked like it over boosted but nothing crazy i have the dsp havent had a problem with it and no i dont have a wideband

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
those are the only cels im getting and i did notice yesterday it looked like it over boosted but nothing crazy i have the dsp havent had a problem with it and no i dont have a wideband
Load the factory tune back on and see if the problem goes away. If it does don't use the 93tune until you get a wideband (which should have been before the DSP).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MSD coils don't work very well on these cars, the OEM Dodge coil is the best one.

You may just have a bad tank of gas that was sitting in the car too long or someone filled it up with 87 octane.

im putting the factory coil back on tonight and as per the 87 octane ive put 91 or higher in it since i bought it

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
WOT and if i pedal it doesnt spudder either thats why i think its the fuel pump
since you have no wideband, and your boost is prlly way to high you are hitting fuel cut...

So right now, you say its on stock tune, new plugs, wires, coilpack, and at STOCK boost levels its sputtering?

If that is correct, then yes it would be safe to assume it is the pump.. Get one of these

http://www.modernperformance.com/walbro-high-flow-fuel-pump-9505-neon-neon-srt4-p-1192.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
since you have no wideband, and your boost is prlly way to high you are hitting fuel cut...

So right now, you say its on stock tune, new plugs, wires, coilpack, and at STOCK boost levels its sputtering?

If that is correct, then yes it would be safe to assume it is the pump.. Get one of these

http://www.modernperformance.com/walbro-high-flow-fuel-pump-9505-neon-neon-srt4-p-1192.html

It only over boosted once and that was with the dsp tune so i removed it installed new plugs/wires/coil and still it has rough idle and spuddering only under WOT

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
There is no such thing as fuel cut, ignition cut or boost cut on these cars. They just have a rev limiter.

You can run out of fuel because of a dying pump, plugged injectors, etc but the PCM doesn't actively try to prevent you from blowing the engine.

·
Premium Member
14,274 Posts
It only over boosted once and that was with the dsp tune so i removed it installed new plugs/wires/coil and still it has rough idle and spuddering only under WOT
My vote's still bad gas till you empty that tank and refill from somewhere else and still have the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
There is no such thing as fuel cut, ignition cut or boost cut on these cars. They just have a rev limiter.

You can run out of fuel because of a dying pump, plugged injectors, etc but the PCM doesn't actively try to prevent you from blowing the engine.
My bad man, idk why i said fuel cut...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts