Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is it just me or do the mirrors look kinda stupid. Im hoping the tuners are gonna come out with nice m3 mirrors for the srt-4. What does everyone think??..any ideas or photoshop jobs?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
they need to be color matched .. i've already been to a body shop.. and they can't be painted because they are textured .. so if you want them color matched with the car .. you will need to buy new mirrors .. i want m3's also but i want to put strobs in the mirrors

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thispainisours said:
they need to be color matched .. i've already been to a body shop.. and they can't be painted because they are textured .. so if you want them color matched with the car .. you will need to buy new mirrors .. i want m3's also but i want to put strobs in the mirrors
I know what ure talking about with the texture not being right. Which kinda stinks. Im getting yellow to so it kinda looks odd on its body. Red and black can get away with it. If you hear anything let me know. By the way you car looks sick!!!!...everyone go check out his site. :shock:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
BeanTownsSRT-4 said:
thispainisours said:
I know what ure talking about with the texture not being right. Which kinda stinks. Im getting yellow to so it kinda looks odd on its body. Red and black can get away with it. If you hear anything let me know. By the way you car looks sick!!!!...everyone go check out his site. :shock:
Bah, all it takes is sand paper and a layer of Kitty Hair :wink:

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
mirrors

I was told that these mirrors are the same as the ones used on the new stratus and 300M, the one's with the turn-signals built in.
Are those smooth or textured? I'll have to go check them out when I go to the dealership to get my locks fixed

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
they are textured , and no there are no lights :(

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
there are too lights...check out the Limited edition 300M :wink: :twisted:

·
Registered
313 Posts
The 300M Special has the side mirrors with t/s built in. I can check on price tomorrow, but I'm guessing they'll be expensive as hell.(The headlamp bulb replacement for them, HID, are almost $800 a PIECE because they have the power inverter built into the bulb assy.)

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
trust me Thispainisours i had 2 second gens and my goal was to keep the cars as OEM as poissible thus my use of PT wheels and 1st gen springs :wink: my next mod was gonna be those mirrors

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my mirrors done. When they prep the mirrors they can use the prep material that allows the paint 2 bond 2 the plastic. When they put this stuff on they smooth it out n it is as smooth as a body panel. They look so much better when u color match the mirrors on this car. I'll download pictures later this week.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
it wouldnt be hard to paint the mirrors, all it takes is, sandpaper to smooth as much as you can, then primer, then sand again til its smooth as a babys @$$ then primer again if you want........and sand, then paint. i work at a body shop so i know this man!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
redsrt-4 said:
Just got my mirrors done. When they prep the mirrors they can use the prep material that allows the paint 2 bond 2 the plastic. When they put this stuff on they smooth it out n it is as smooth as a body panel. They look so much better when u color match the mirrors on this car. I'll download pictures later this week.
Thanxs man a pic would be nice!!!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i actually wanna see someone color match only the section that folds and leave the rest gray/black like stock...i think that would look badass

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
redsrt-4 said:
Whats up man what ever happened to the pics can we see??? :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
BeanTownsSRT-4
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing