Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I barely bumped into the rear bumper of someone today, I was obviously at fault, but didn't admit to anything...We only exchanged insurance information...There was no damage to to the other persons car, except for minor scratches...but for the hell of it, lets say she wants to get the damage fixed, can she get anything from my insurance company without a police report?

·
Registered
476 Posts
yes they can

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
You can always say that you were at a parking lot talking with a buddy, when you noticed some chick inside your car raiding your glove box - and when you went to chase her off you noticed she backed into your car. :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It's a lot harder to get anything from another insurance company without a police report.

My old car got sideswiped while parked on the side of the road (19-year-old hit it and he stayed - even though he didn't have his license or a current insurance card - I was amazed). Anyway, I made him stand there and wait an hour and 45 minutes for the cop to show up and write him a ticket.

Looked like a fairly minor hit, then cost $1,400+ to fix.

The woman you hit will probably discover that it's cheaper (and better for her rates) to just get the bumper fixed herself without involving the insurance company at all.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well yes they can and can't. It is your word vs theres. But if you really did hit her then stand up like a man and deal with it. Also ALWAYS get a report because she can now go back into a wall 10x and wear a neck brace and sue you. No matter what happens deal with it like a man, karma is a bitch.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Roo said:
Well yes they can and can't. It is your word vs theres. But if you really did hit her then stand up like a man and deal with it. Also ALWAYS get a report because she can now go back into a wall 10x and wear a neck brace and sue you. No matter what happens deal with it like a man, karma is a bitch.

Agreed. Karma is a bitch and you should not even be thinking what you are thinking. Karma can hit you just for thinking and not even acting on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts