Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm planning on taking the car to the drag strip today. I've got 1500 miles on the car. Some people have told me I should wait until I have 3000 miles before racing it. I don't see why, because I push it pretty hard on the street anyway, but I'm a little nervous now. What do you all think?

·
Registered
295 Posts
welll

the srt-4 manual says small break in period of 600 miles is required. I think @ the first 100 miles is when your piston rings were seated anyway so I think your ride is ready... I have 987 miles and until yesterday I havent taken her past 4500rpms. Now I gradually spike to 5-5750... @ 1,500 miles yu are ready 2 rule trust me. If I find the damn article i'll post it about motoman and internal combustion engines(meaning our engine) anyway have you changed the oil yet?? I was told if you are gonna change it do it @ 1500miles

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I just changed the oil a couple days ago. Turns out the track was closed due to weather. I'll have to hit it next time.

Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's all gonna be a different opinion on how long to wait.

I waited 1k miles before doing some very light (5krpms) racing, and will wait until 2k miles before doing any heavy (6krpms to redline) racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts