Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Maxfab turbo back system on Friday. Today I was driving around and got a CEL. Reset the ECU and all is clear, just wondering how long till the next one. Anyone know the resistor size needed to fix this problem? :thumbsup:

· Banned
2,384 Posts
rumor was floating around that perrin is creating an exhuast system for our car, and along w/ that will be selling the mil eliminator. most likely they'll sell the mil seperately... date of release wasnt announced tho

~mike

· Registered
3,618 Posts
or just get stage1 ;)

· Registered
2,356 Posts
norcalSRTrida said:
rumor was floating around that perrin is creating an exhuast system for our car, and along w/ that will be selling the mil eliminator. most likely they'll sell the mil seperately... date of release wasnt announced tho

~mike
perrin huh...so it will be like $200 for a damn resistor and capacitor.. :rofl:

· Banned
2,384 Posts
IWantAn04 said:
perrin huh...so it will be like $200 for a damn resistor and capacitor.. :rofl:

lol, i 2nd that...they are a tad expensive...

Whats wrong with sip tieing it away from the exhaust?

nothings wrong with that unless you enjoy seeing the cel...it could also put your car into 'limp mode' but im not positive on that

· Registered
38 Posts
PERRIN™ MIL / O2 Simulator.....

will never be $200! They are a circuit board tuned for each application. (Not a resistor and or cap!) MSRP is $59.99 and is available from vendors on this forum. They are out of stock today but will be available in about 2-3 weeks. Our apologies for the delay! If ever we can answer any questions about this or other PERRIN™ Performance Products just e-mail me or anyone (tech, sales etc. @perrinperformance.com) here in the office. We are always happy to help customers out. Give us a shot!

Adam
PERRIN™ Performance
503-643-4677 xt 203
[email protected]
www.perrinperformance.com

· Registered
1,852 Posts
norcalSRTrida said:
Whats wrong with sip tieing it away from the exhaust?

nothings wrong with that unless you enjoy seeing the cel...it could also put your car into 'limp mode' but im not positive on that

I have read a few posts from people saying they have zip tied the o2 sensor away from the exhaust and have not had any cel's.

The theory was that the o2 sensor would think the exhaust gases are cleaner and it wouldn't trigger the cel.

· Registered
1,709 Posts
norcalSRTrida said:
yes, it will clear the code
Sorry to revive this dead thread, but a S2 PCM totally ignores the O2 sensor readings??? Is this true? I wouldn't need any sort of simulator? Please explain...

How does the S2 PCM treat the O2 sensor readings? Ignore? adjust timing/fuel mappings?

I have S2 but I'm planning in putting on a cat-delete pipe soon. But I don't want the CEL to be on, or any abnormal codes to be thrown for the dealership to find :eveilgrin

· Banned
2,384 Posts
all_bran said:
Sorry to revive this dead thread, but a S2 PCM totally ignores the O2 sensor readings??? Is this true? I wouldn't need any sort of simulator? Please explain...

How does the S2 PCM treat the O2 sensor readings? Ignore? adjust timing/fuel mappings?

I have S2 but I'm planning in putting on a cat-delete pipe soon. But I don't want the CEL to be on, or any abnormal codes to be thrown for the dealership to find :eveilgrin

any staged pcm ignores the cel for the cat delete

and doesnt make a difference if a cel shows or not for a cat delete...if your dealership sees that you dont have a cat, its likely they'll void your warranty. mine tried to w/ a cutout After my cat.
and if they are suspicious of a staged upgrade, they can scan your pcm to see if the pcm was upgraded or not i believe.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
norcalSRTrida said:
any staged pcm ignores the cel for the cat delete

and doesnt make a difference if a cel shows or not for a cat delete...if your dealership sees that you dont have a cat, its likely they'll void your warranty. mine tried to w/ a cutout After my cat.
and if they are suspicious of a staged upgrade, they can scan your pcm to see if the pcm was upgraded or not i believe.
They cant void your warranty unless the cat delete caused the issue in the first place. They cannot void a warranty if you have an aftermarket intake and your strut needs replaced! There are laws that protect that from happening, they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the part to fail!

· Banned
2,384 Posts
shawn_40312 said:
They cant void your warranty unless the cat delete caused the issue in the first place. They cannot void a warranty if you have an aftermarket intake and your strut needs replaced! There are laws that protect that from happening, they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the part to fail!

true..the magnuson magnus act (spelling?)

but dont think you trying to create a ruckus is going to affect them

dodge > 1 individual and their car.

in the end, dodge really has say in whats void or not. regardless. so goodluck refuting that when you try to protest a petty warranty void.

-mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.