Dodge SRT Forum banner

Messing around with the WOT Box/2 step (Vid)

6K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Jondahl 
#1 · (Edited)
I was bored and figured I could just make a quick vid of me messing around with the Wot Box since the ones online are short while in action. This was on the default setting on the wot box/2step for cutting the ignition. I Still need to get the launch down as you can tell.

SRT-WOTBOX.mp4 video by jomo1985 - Photobucket

#3 ·
what is with flashing engine light? and how different is is it when driving with that wotbox
That was actually the first time the engine light has ever come on like that, and I am not positive why. Maybe someone can chime in cause it went away when I had traction in the beginning of 3rd gear.

It is night and day when shifting with the wot box, smooth as butter as in the description of its purpose. Just the transition from gear to gear is amazing, I haven't missed a gear with shifting with the wot box and it just seems so much more forgiving to the transmission.

#5 ·
That hasn't happened before when going WOT not using the wot box. I might just have to check the plugs tomorrow.

#6 ·
the wot box WILL cause missfiring - depending on the way you installed it.

either it will cut fuel and ignition: no problem
but most people like it to only cut the ignition.
so it will throw out nice flames and loud bangs - but pcm will notice that "missfiring"

(look in the wotbox section for more information)

#8 ·
This missfiring bad for the turbo in the long run? I would have thought so, depending on what pressures it created in the exhaust manifold. This missfires can melt cats too if I remember correctly.

#16 ·
I was bored and figured I could just make a quick vid of me messing around with the Wot Box since the ones online are short while in action.
Not entirely true. Here's a video of me using my 2-step WOT Box for the first time. This was a few years ago, on slicks still trying to figure out proper boost levels for gears, RPMs, tire pressures, you name it. My performance in the videos suck but I basically did this for documentation purposes.

Once you get it dialed in, you're going to love it. You'll have to head out to Santa Pod raceway with me this summer. :)

#17 ·
Think you forgot the vid. And Im in for going to Santa Pod Raceway in the summer. Its been a few years since I've ran at a track.

#19 ·
Santapod is fun, you will love it! Let me know when you guys go and I can see if I can go too.

There is avon raceway too which is a lot newer, but it's over my way and a long drive for you guys. Supposedly a better track, but less facilities since it's newish. Not been there yet myself.

#20 ·
That is actually one of the videos that I have watched just a few days ago before my vid. From the looks of it, im guessing that you would have needed to raise the 2step due to the slicks. Just bogging in first.

#22 ·
Wotbox missfire

Hi there guys, i got a problem with my wotbox, couldnt find any solution, i got this mods:

3bar
3" o2 downpipe
Aem meth kit
Aem cold air
Dst custome tune 25 psi
Hks bov

New cam sensor, coil, wires and no leaks, car runs great

The thing is that theres a missfire code on cylinder 1 at 4500 rpms and car goes weird, neet to shut down and restart and everythings normal so program the wotbox at 4000 rpms and theres no codes, no weird things nothig...

Im trying to fix this in order to use it at 4500 rpms, any ideas? Tnx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.