Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i do believe it was an 06 as it was brand new but it may have been an 05....well i went to the dealershipi to test drive trucks as im gettin rid of the SRT4. My buddy who works there just got his LS2 GTO auto. 2nd one he has had due to his wife totaling his first one. Well we get there and hes talking about how fast it is....now i havent ran one but i been wanting to so i said lets do it. He said lets go from a dig i said not no but HELL no haha i said 40 roll how about it and he accepted...

we roll out into the deserted road in mexico like we always do :jester:

we roll 40mph and he honks the 3 honks...i jumped on the 3rd honk and put an easy car on him....ended up being about a 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cars from a 40-120mph than i shut it down after he put his blinker on and got behind me.

We get back to the dealer and he says he wanted to give me the move since he thought he would OWN me ha :lol: he said that was the worst thing he could of ever done followed by DAMN THAT things fast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Nice kill.

The way to tell if its an 05 or an 06 is by the taillights. 05s taillights have a red background, whereas the 06s have black taillights, very distinctive (and very sought after in the GTO world, for whatever reason) No difference mechanically, still the same shitty auto tranny with gay torque management, just the taillights.

·
Registered
785 Posts
@ 120 is when a good race starts to go bad.....they always creep back. Thats some ls2's ls1's.

does this not make you want yo keep the lil buger?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
srt-4Sonny said:
@ 120 is when a good race starts to go bad.....they always creep back. Thats some ls2's ls1's.

does this not make you want yo keep the lil buger?

yeah i do but...having two "race" cars is expensive. Ever since i got the SRT4 i put my Mustang on the back burner and i used my nitrous funds for the SRT4 :lol:
On the gas i should go easy mid to low 10's depending on how big i spray. Once i go auto im going 200hp shot :) til it blows up and my 408 ci stroker will be completed by then and then im looking for 9's on the bottle :eveilgrin

Now I also need a truck to tow my race car as my tow vehicle now is my dads 05 cummins 2500. He has his 383 stroker on the bottle Monte Carlo SS coming out as soon as his rear is finished being built. So thats one more race car than we have tow vehicles. So its in my best interest to get me a truck to haul my car around. That way i can put the funds in ONE race car. I had fun in the SRT world and i met alot of cool people. I am going to miss the car as its one car for the history books. All i can do is take pics and tell my kids that yes i owned one of the INFAMOUS SRT4's that took on the v8 world :clap:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
you should make the 408ci stroker an LS1 408ci stroker :eveilgrin
520whp n/a w/ stock intake manifold and small headers....imagine that w/ ITBs....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackest SRT Ever said:
you should make the 408ci stroker an LS1 408ci stroker :eveilgrin
520whp n/a w/ stock intake manifold and small headers....imagine that w/ ITBs....

I'm going 408ci high compression all forged stroker....AFR205's with 42lb injectors and a victor 5.0 intake up top....should put down an easy 475-500 hp and then add in 150 downlow and 150 up top shot and we are good to go ;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
thats pretty much the 'stang version of the motor my friend has, aside from the intake, he still has the stock LS6 intake mani on his. He has a HUGE cam (258/26x @ .65x/.65x @ 112LSA @ .050") and puts down about 520whp n/a. Once he gets his new (bigger) headers and a new intake manifold, that should be more in the 570 range. With a 150shot he made 720/810 or so at the wheels, and the motor is good for a lot bigger of a shot than that.

good choice, it should serve you well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blackest SRT Ever said:
thats pretty much the 'stang version of the motor my friend has, aside from the intake, he still has the stock LS6 intake mani on his. He has a HUGE cam (258/26x @ .65x/.65x @ 112LSA @ .050") and puts down about 520whp n/a. Once he gets his new (bigger) headers and a new intake manifold, that should be more in the 570 range. With a 150shot he made 720/810 or so at the wheels, and the motor is good for a lot bigger of a shot than that.

good choice, it should serve you well :thumbsup:
hey blackest u have a PM

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
kortERHorse_210 said:
i haven't raced an 06 with the LS2...if i could only put about 2 cars on blackest from a roll and 1 from a dig, i bet i'de have a hard time with the LS2...

carlos nice
with my new rear meats, i'll give you a much harder time now, especially from about a 20 roll :bandit:

the ls2s arent all that much faster than the ls1s...they have some really invasive tuning. Since they're throttle-by-wire, they have whats called "torque management" which actually lets off the throttle some FOR THEM when they shift, and it slows them down a lot. I need to go test drive an LS2 again and compare how mine feels with the new one.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
ls2s are advertised as 400/400, ls1s are advertised at 350/dont remember.

LS2s usually put about 360-ish to the wheels, and LS1s usually put 315 or so to the wheels stock.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
with the free mods I've done, I should be pretty close to 340-350whp. Plus my car doesn't have the invasive tuning bullshit. But yeah, an LS2 will still pull a bit harder than I do. I wish I wouldn't have woken up at 4, cuz I woulda gone and test drove an 06 while my friend drove mine and raced them :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts