Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so check list goes like this
did a boost leak test found 4 leaks fixed em.

removed rice plate because it was leaking from all ports .

installed new equus boost gauge.
old prosport wasn't correct was liyng to me.

so one of my issue is when I hit the gas pedal real quick the car seems like it's misfiring real quick then it's fine. or like it's breaking up .
gapped new 4306 ngk at .045 .
new wires . yellow msd ignition coil .
all new sensors . can , tps, throttle.

what can this first issue be ? any thoughts . oh and timing is on point as well.

second issue is kind of fixed. my boost guage needle was dancing and said I had no boost . new one fixed that for the most part.

Premium Member
any check engine lights?

Registered
so check list goes like this
did a boost leak test found 4 leaks fixed em.

removed rice plate because it was leaking from all ports .

installed new equus boost gauge.
old prosport wasn't correct was liyng to me.

so one of my issue is when I hit the gas pedal real quick the car seems like it's misfiring real quick then it's fine. or like it's breaking up .
gapped new 4306 ngk at .045 .
new wires . yellow msd ignition coil .
all new sensors . can , tps, throttle.

what can this first issue be ? any thoughts . oh and timing is on point as well.

second issue is kind of fixed. my boost guage needle was dancing and said I had no boost . new one fixed that for the most part.
I have never had good results with a gap wider than .030, also i have never had good results with anything but a stock coil.

My 98 absolutely hated MSD coils, so after chasing my tail on that platform I've stayed away from them.

I did have one coil from a PT Cruiser speed shop in California years ago that worked well, but I burned it out with a dis-2 experiment in early 2010 lol.

I've replaced the coil with stock coils ever since.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
my 2 cents
1- get a stock coil..
2- get injectors flow tested/cleaned

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my 2 cents
1- get a stock coil..
2- get injectors flow tested/cleaned
I cleaned the injectors out . but I guess won't hurt to do it again. I also put a walbro 255 and fresh fuel . I have napa coil I'll put on. I'll gap the plug to .035 .

I wonder if not having a balance shaft has anything to do with it ?

Registered
I cleaned the injectors out . but I guess won't hurt to do it again. I also put a walbro 255 and fresh fuel . I have napa coil I'll put on. I'll gap the plug to .035 .

I wonder if not having a balance shaft has anything to do with it ?
misfire and 2nd order imbalance are different things...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok so I put the napa coil on ran worse like a Subaru . and gapped the plugs down to .030 as suggested . the yellow coil I thought was mad turns out it's a Accel supercool and runs way better with that coil on the car. I'm tight on funds so can't keep buying coils . going to try a different gap maybe just make it the .050 and send it .

Registered
ok so I put the napa coil on ran worse like a Subaru . and gapped the plugs down to .030 as suggested . the yellow coil I thought was mad turns out it's a Accel supercool and runs way better with that coil on the car. I'm tight on funds so can't keep buying coils . going to try a different gap maybe just make it the .050 and send it .
lol.

Registered
My car has always run fine with the RE14MCC5's gapped at .055".
Nothing special. Original coil pack. Mopar Performance WIres (7mm). Lots of dielectric grease.
Stage 3 boosting to 21 PSI still after all these years since 2004 when it was installed.
But like they say "each car is different" :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My car has always run fine with the RE14MCC5's gapped at .055".
Nothing special. Original coil pack. Mopar Performance WIres (7mm). Lots of dielectric grease.
Stage 3 boosting to 21 PSI still after all these years since 2004 when it was installed.
But like they say "each car is different" :cool:
found a abs issue today . so the misfire will have to wait car runs fine when shifting no misfire . but know 2 calipers decided to lock up and car almost caught fire.

I will try your advice if anything . this car is really fighting me .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts