Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with payments and insurance. I love this car to death, but I won't let it take me down. I just got her no more then 5 months ago. But I'm on disabilty now. And I also have to take care of a small family. So this owner may no longer be an owner after all. Any ideas? Think I should get rid of her? Payments are at about $421.30 Insurance well I'll put it to you like this I'm 19 I live in NJ and I have 2 points on my licence. you try to figure out what my quote was.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Cashtro said:
Well, I don't think I'll be able to keep up with payments and insurance. I love this car to death, but I won't let it take me down. I just got her no more then 5 months ago. But I'm on disabilty now. And I also have to take care of a small family. So this owner may no longer be an owner after all. Any ideas? Think I should get rid of her? Payments are at about $421.30 Insurance well I'll put it to you like this I'm 19 I live in NJ and I have 2 points on my licence. you try to figure out what my quote was.
Hey man sorry to hear but maybe see if you can get more. Give them your bills/old paystubs. Say this isn't enough for me to live on. Maybe get a side job doing misc crap. Just be carefull not to permanently damage yourself. If you have to just sell the car and get better. Then buy another one later on.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
sorry to see that happen...

but sell the car then, its just a car-- remember!

buy something like a decent focus for half the price and save up.. few years maybe come back to it..

dont let it suck all your $ out

keep your head high too, life is short

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
car.

petar7408 said:
sorry to see that happen...

but sell the car then, its just a car-- remember!

buy something like a decent focus for half the price and save up.. few years maybe come back to it..

dont let it suck all your $ out

keep your head high too, life is short
I am going to have to agree with petar. Put the car on e bay, or sell it to a private party. 19 and having to worry about a family also, dump the car, get something you can afford, drive safe. when you driving record claens up, that will be a big step for being able to afford this car. good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not to make light of the subject but i ws there when a 17yr old kid there when i picked up mine. His insurance quoted him $8k, 4 points in NJ. So i can imagine. No way you can strike a deal with the payments? claim hardship, pay what you can then make up the diffrence when you get on your feet?

·
Banned
947 Posts
Damn! 19 w/ a small family ~ I dont know your pain, but I think you should get something more family oriented you wont be stoped in by the police, wait till the points come off of your licence then get your record exponged of the points. By this time your financial and disabillity problems may improve.

But MAN Im so glad not to have kids to deal with. Best reguards & Good luck to you & your family.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey man,
Really Sorry to hear that. I'm 23 and not married but do have the family to take care of (It's long... anyways)...

I'd say although I know you love the car, SELL IT... let somebody take over the payments. After all, remember, it's only a car. You have more important things to worry about.

Hope everything works out good...
If you need anything that I can help let me know...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Family > SRT-4

Like it's been said already - get rid of the car and concentrate on your family, your finances and your health. Get all those things sorted out, and in a few years something better will be available, and you'll be in a position to handle it with ease.

I'm 28 and the SRT-4 is the first new car I've ever owned. I had to suffer through an 82 AMC Eagel SX4, 88 Plymouth Sundance and 98 Dodge Stratus to get to this vehicle. But it was worth the wait - just like whatever kick ass car comes along down the road.

Stay focused, and you'll end up way better in the long run!

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
try to sell it, if that does not work do a voluntary reposession. yes it will look ugly in your credit but hey you have to do what you have to do. plus as long as you keep up on your other debts your credit will not be too bad. you are only 19 yrs old and have a whole life ahead of you. i had to do the same when i was 18 years old. and did not hurt me too much. in fact i was able to finance another car a couple of weeks later.

good luck

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
try to sell it, if that does not work do a voluntary reposession. yes it will look ugly in your credit but hey you have to do what you have to do. plus as long as you keep up on your other debts your credit will not be too bad. you are only 19 yrs old and have a whole life ahead of you. i had to do the same when i was 18 years old. and did not hurt me too much. in fact i was able to finance another car a couple of weeks later.

good luck
if you want to find out with your finance company you can have someone take over payments, i can figure out a way to get rid of my truck and ill take your car over

·
Registered
363 Posts

good luck
That's one option Ray, but he will probably get butt-raped by the balance owed after the auction.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Hi. I am 45 yrs old. I live in Montreal. My insurance costs $850/year because I have a good record (or should I say I had). Somehow I feel this is going to change next year as I already collected my first speeding ticket. I am flabbergasped when I read 8K for insurance....this is nuts....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Atlas said:
At 19, the choise between family and toys is mutually exclusive. You chose family. Ditch the car.

Personally, I would have gone with education->high paying job->nice car->family by 30... but that's just me ;) .

Dude, thats kind of harsh...most 19 year olds dont choose to have started a family...or be on disability...so lets remember that nothing really goes the way we planned it...and some of us have a little more dealt to us than others...get rid of the car...there will always be cool ass cars to buy down the road...take care of your family and get your health back...then you can get another car later on...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
::turns off repeat:: well dude, let me put it this way, you like having a bed to play on, you like having one TO PLAY ON, playing in a car is rough with a baby seat in the back.. get my drift?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Well I feel you on NJ insurance, its seriously ridiculous in these parts. I hope all goes well for you and everything gets taken care of properly. If you are looking to get rid of the srt, I'm interested in picking one up if all goes well. I hope it's not inappropriate to ask, if so then just disregard this post.
Hope better luck is in your future.

·
Registered
71 Posts
get your self a lawyer and get them to give you more money... they usually only give you about 75% of your usual pay correct... get a lawyer and prove legal documentation that you are on a "tight budget" and need you money... show your company you are very serious! my fiance works for wal-mart and was getting screwed but now things are fine show them your serious if you even mention lawyers to most companys they will give you what ever you want... and depending on how long you are supposed to be on disability you can get one large lump sum up front but you have to be very careful manageing the money on your own... get whats due to you! dissability should not ruin your life and force you to lose the things you love!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.