Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to buy the SEE from Maxxfab, and i wanted to be be informed before i do. I would like to know if the resonator has any restriction on it at all. If it does and i order the SEE without one, how tough is it to add one later? And the reverse, if i order a SEE w/ resonator how tough is it to remove it? Im also concerned about spitting flames. I know just the 3" pipe on the SEE will have flames, but will that stop with the resonator? I dont wanna set shit on fire when im dynoing and crap :) as cool as that would be though! Oh! and also! I read somewhere here there is a bottle neck in the exhaust system. Im going to get the 3" o2 houseing as well. Is there still going to be a bottle neck i will have to remove?

·
Administrator
39,212 Posts
you'll lose a couple of hp if any by using a resonator on that exhaust. I believe the resonator is a straight through design so the flames would shoot straight through also. the bottleneck is between the downpipe and the mopar exhaust. If you get the SEE it will not have a bottleneck between the dp and the exhaust exit.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
horizon1015 said:
Armen and pussy's arn't for back seats lol... you walked in to that one. Btw did you ever get the stain out?
lmfao nice... yea i got most of it out. still gotta scrub some more... i used a jacket under her ass recently HAHAH!

·
Registered
477 Posts
LOL.

anywho, I just installed my Maxxfab SEE w/resonator. I can definatly feel a differance. Plus, its nice and quiet (sorta) when off the gas and LOUD when on it at all. lol. Driving home from work at 1 am is really loud and i'm only going 20. hahaha.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
silver05 said:

No restriction with the maxxfab res. :thumbsup:
Well thats awesome, but is that the same resonator that Maxxfab uses? there is a different one pictured on thier website.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah Maxxfab switched to the 4" round magnaflow style. I believe he was having trouble with his supplier for the wide body. Thats how my Maxxfab SEE came.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahh ok coolness. and with the resonator on and running the 3" SEE is it still louder at idle then stock? i KNOW it is at WOT.. but how about when just cruising?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have a 3" downpipe (maxxfab) with a custom 3" catback w/out a resonator and it isn't any louder under normal driving then my borla exhaust. However it is SLIGHTLY louder at wot.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see. Well how about this? If i order the SEE w/o the resonator, can i later buy one and install it? How diffuclt would that be? and the reverse, if i buy the SEE w/ a resonator, how difficult would it be to remove it??

·
Registered
813 Posts
i got a SEE with no resinator im gonna be putting it on this weekend hopefully ill let u know how it goes...also if its too loud u can just weld one in 70 bucks at the most!

·
Registered
813 Posts
yeah just send me a pm to remind me being that im not on here much and may loose the thread!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts