• Over Rev the RPM Limiter - Pedal Meshing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over Rev the RPM Limiter - Downshifting

• Tread for SRT-4

• Stay with Mazdaspeed

• SRT-4 (You're not being biast are you?)

• Cavalier 2.2 Turbo

• $10/Year

• $15/Year

• $20/Year

• $25/Year

• $30/Year

• $35/Year

• $40/Year

• $45/Year

• $50/Year

• More then $50/Year

• black

• silver

• red

• yellow

• $35,000

• $40,000

• $45,000

• $50,000

• $35,000

• $40,000

• $45,00

• $50,000

• srtunited.com

• srtoc.com

• srt4.net

• 1-10 yrs old

• 11-18 yrs old

• 19-30 yrs old

• Geezer

Maturity Level of SRT-4 Owners:

5K views 132 replies 25 participants last post by  lifeisdeath 
#1 ·
I'm not looking to start a flame war. I am impressed with the SRT-4 and am thinking about making that my next vehicle, but I am amazed at the level of maturity of some of these SRT-4 owners. Everyone already knows the stigma of Honda/Acura owners but I honestly see the SRT-4 owners as ranking up there with them. It seem as if many who drive the SRT-4 act as if they are in middle school always braggin about how fast there car is and how much better it is than another car. It's like that never ending "My Dad can beat up your dad" argument. WHO CARES! Just enjoy the car for what it is. That is all I have to say.

FF

Discussion starter · #8 ·
You are not understanding my point. What I am trying to say is that from all I have seen on this board, it simply consists of mainly "My Dad can beat up your dad" arguments. Yes, there is very good information to be had and many great memebers/owners, but I see far to many immature arguments that serve no purpose.
You are exactly right when it comes to opinions though. I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yes you do have the right to respond in any way you see fit, but whenever I come to this forum, I rarely go 2 minutes without seeing another SRT-4 is better than ______ comment. Not to mention WRX's SUCK and s2000's are teh sux0r...my point is who cares. Enjoy the car for what it is. Like many smart people say, there is always something faster and better out there.

FF

Discussion starter · #9 ·
NeonWaSp said:
yes trolls come onto the board but it doesnt look good if our people start arguing back. if we could get OUR people to not respond to this crap we would be coming out way ahead. however, this will never happen, so expect the maturity level here to be as low as anywhere else, sorry to break it to you.
Exactly my point.....thank you.

FF

Discussion starter · #13 ·
chubz said:
NeonWaSp said:
yes trolls come onto the board but it doesnt look good if our people start arguing back. if we could get OUR people to not respond to this crap we would be coming out way ahead. however, this will never happen, so expect the maturity level here to be as low as anywhere else, sorry to break it to you.
This is the logic that was pushed to a lot of us growing up "turn the Other cheek" and such. I would rather be with a group of people that sticks up for themselves than a group that just lets someone spit in your face.

I guess that's just me. Call it a imature attitude but its kept me alive so far.

This isnt the ghetto Chubz....you cant go through life just getting in peoples faces when you disagree with them or they offend you. Thats how you end up not making it past your 30th birthday. You need to learn when it is better to walk away.

FF

FF

Discussion starter · #18 ·
drizze99 said:
This isnt the ghetto Chubz....you cant go through life just getting in peoples faces when you disagree with them or they offend you.
Yea, but we're not in Candyland either. Are you saying that we should go through life being a spineless jellyfish?

:lol: No Drizze..what I am saying is that this is a message forum designed for hopefully intelligent discussion about the SRT-4 and not a pissing contest. When a person comes here to learn about the SRT-4 and just reads how how the WRX is inferior, it gets old quick. I'm just saying that the bar should be raised a bit higher when it comes to content. Less Piss and more actual good info.

FF

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Compared to other boards, the maturity level on this one is extremely low. I am basing this off of many other car sites I frequent and that is why I felt the need to talk about this. I am going to frequent this board in order to learn about the SRT-4 but already I have seen so many worthless arguments, it makes my head spin. Feel free to label me a troll but I find it amusing that members of this board agree with said Troll.

FF

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Why does anyone feel the need to "Defend" their car? Who cares is "Joe" thinks your car is teh sux0r? I wouldnt care since he is not me. I dont base how I feel about my car off of someone elses opinion. That is what I mean. So many people get angry because someone thinks the SRT-4 is not as good as a Hyundai. Who cares. But of course I'm a troll so I would not know anything.

FF

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Im not saying you dont have the right Coke. Of course you have the right, its a freedom of speech thing. What I am saying is that most of the arguments start because someone makes a comment like "The WRX can out handle a SRT-4 anyday". Then everyone starts going off about that. I say "Who cares if you think the WRX can out handle"........Grunge called me a troll...since Im new to the board and I am questioning some of the owners..

FF

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Wow Grunge, so thats what "Sections" mean. Thank you so much! :roll:
I just learnd what this thing called a "computer" is so im new to the "information highway". I feel so much better now about this forum. You have taught me so much in so little time. You truly are cool!

FF

Discussion starter · #39 ·
chubz said:
Frankie Flowers said:
Why does anyone feel the need to "Defend" their car? Who cares is "Joe" thinks your car is teh sux0r? I wouldnt care since he is not me. I dont base how I feel about my car off of someone elses opinion. That is what I mean. So many people get angry because someone thinks the SRT-4 is not as good as a Hyundai. Who cares. But of course I'm a troll so I would not know anything.

FF
Are you a man? If you were I don't think you would ask why we "defend our car" we do. I drive a slow ass crx and I will defend that car because its MY CAR. I spent the time fixing it up the blood, sweat, and money getting it to be what it is today. It's still slow but it makes me happy it's a release. I don't mind at all someone saying I don't like your car I like mine. I would be totaly fine its his opinion. I get bothered when people say "Why did you spend money of a piece of shit like that what a fucking waste" I take that personally. Yet I refrain from getting pissed and just state thats what I wanted and I got it I like It and it's cool with me if you don't. 9 times out of 10 that ends it on a mature level but these people coming over keep talking trash forcing me to get Defensive and speak my mind.

If you truely feel we are that bad PLEASE LEAVE and go to another site. There are a lot of sites available and I really feel if you spent a good amount of time elsewhere maybe you would come back and appreciate this board a little more. Again watch the posts and see who is really talking trash.

Bye the way I like the fact I was called a cock :roll: If speaking my mind makes me a cock so be it.

Chubz, its a piece of metal and 4 wheels. It's not your kin or a sibling for gods sakes. I bet you got in a lot of fights growing up. You question my manhood because I dont see the purpose of arguing about a car over the internet.

FF

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I've spent 3 years on NASIOC.com and many other boards so there is no need to spend time here. I see many problems with organization of this board and think it could benefit from some renovating. Mainly, try to limit the trash talking and root out the people that are here simply to cause problems.

I appreciate the feedback and I think threads like this will open a few peoples eyes to how insanely stupid it is to argue about cars over the internet. Just enjoy the cars and share info.

FF

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Chub:

So from your position, I am not an Enthusiast (it has an A, not an E) since I dont argue over cars. Got it! That makes perfect sense. :roll:

I love cars too but arguing about them over the internet or even in person solves nothing. Just shut up and drive the car.

FF

Discussion starter · #48 ·
chubz said:
Frankie Flowers said:
I've spent 3 years on NASIOC.com and many other boards so there is no need to spend time here. I see many problems with organization of this board and think it could benefit from some renovating. Mainly, try to limit the trash talking and root out the people that are here simply to cause problems.

I appreciate the feedback and I think threads like this will open a few peoples eyes to how insanely stupid it is to argue about cars over the internet. Just enjoy the cars and share info.

FF
From my experience once you start limiting what people can say its no longer an OPEN forum. People have the right to say what they want to say and how they feel about something even the jerks that come on here to start trouble it is their right to be annyoing and rude. Once we start limiting peoples speech we limit thought and well we might as well have Saddam come over and tell us how to live.

I know it's a little overboard but come on you have the right to log on this board and read what u want, if you start to read something that appears to be a stupid "my penis is bigger than yours debate" don't go in.

That's the MATURE thing to do.

You love being dramatic dont you? The mods and owners of this board have the right to self forth rules about content if they feel the need. If this forum is truly an open board where we can talk about anything and everything, I can tell you that you wont have many quality members. NASIOC.com limits content on Street Racing and pissing contents and I can tell you that rules like that make the board a better place to be because it limits the amount of arguin and pissing that is done. Of course the mods and owners can do what they wish. I will still continue to come here since I want to hear more about the SRT-4 but I will surely avoid the street racing threads becaues that is truly immature.

FF

Discussion starter · #50 ·
chubz said:
Frankie Flowers said:
Chub:

So from your position, I am not an Enthusiast (it has an A, not an E) since I dont argue over cars. Got it! That makes perfect sense. :roll:

I love cars too but arguing about them over the internet or even in person solves nothing. Just shut up and drive the car.

FF

You are proving nothing in this post other than your lack of Maturity.

Point out the lack of my maturity? I believe you are the one who decided to resort to questioning my manhood because I see no need to argue cars over the internet.

FF

PS: You spelled enthusiast wrong again...

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Grunge said:
Frankie Flowers said:

FF
All you had to say in the first place was you're from NASIOC. That explains everything. A slow day in the Off Topic section over there, so you thought you'd have some fun over here. I saw Knoxville's post, and I'm sure the other remoras will show up pretty soon to offer their words of wisdom. :lol: :lol:

Nah dont worry about JK, he may poop his pants at work but he is no threat :lol:

I honestly want to learn a lot about this car but I felt the need to say something because I felt that it was glaringly apparent that the maturity level was quite low. Of course talking to good mods such as yourself gives me hope.

FF

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I might as well introduce myself..

Hi my name is Frankie Flowers and I originally am from NASIOC.COM..I am know as the AIM Stunna for my amazing abilities to mack the bitches over AIM. I do like the SRT-4 and I own a Honda at the moment. I am in the Air Force..yes Chair Force..

FF

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Chubz:

Did I ever say I did not like this forum? You honestly are putting words in my mouth. I simply wanted to bring to the attention of the forum about how many other people view this board. Many people see this board as a ricer hang out and in some respects I agree with them. I can pin point my problems to the street racing posts mostly but I will once again state that I am going to stay here on this board because I want to learn more about the SRT-4..

FF

Discussion starter · #62 ·
2coff said:
So you come here talk shit then complain the form has too much trash talk.
Are you an stupid? Talk about inmuture the first sentence you wrote was googoo gaagaa. Welcome to the board town idiot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...That made my day...absolutely perfect response...

Grunge: Thanks for the offer and I will let you know if anything comes to mind.

Discussion starter · #68 ·
I did not call anyone immature. I questioned the maturity of the board. I did not single out anyone. You are reading way to much into this. But I understand your position.

FF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.