Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
where can i get one?

and a needswings downpipe WITHOUT paypal i have a credit card but no paypal.....

also i been hearing alot about open cut outs like the car wont run good cause its not tuned for thaty flow any imput
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks......anything else?
 

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
Joined
·
8,393 Posts
You need a wideband with it or have it dyno-tuned, without any fuel mods a mapclamp really doesnt do much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have a 05 and it runs rich i would like to maybe lean it out a little bit!
 

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month, 2011 Calendar C
Joined
·
8,393 Posts
You need a wideband to make sure your not leaning it out too much, if you dont have one, your engine might not like you anymore. I had one in my car, my car runs rich, I took the damned thing out. Its a bad sign when the bottom of your plugs turn white.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
she may be a chick but she isn't stupid. At least get the map clamp dyno tuned, you can cause alot of damage with one if you're not careful with it and run it too lean. Ideally, get a nice wideband like a xd-16 so that you can see it at all times so when you add a mod or open your cutout you can monitor how the air/fuel reacts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,239 Posts
Glacius said:
she may be a chick but she isn't stupid. At least get the map clamp dyno tuned, you can cause alot of damage with one if you're not careful with it and run it too lean. Ideally, get a nice wideband like a xd-16 so that you can see it at all times so when you add a mod or open your cutout you can monitor how the air/fuel reacts

Widebands are a kick ass investment. 99% of the tuning on my car I did with my AEM and doing street tuning. If you get the clamp you will need to moniter it with a wideband when putting it on and making sure your afr's are in check. If you tune on a dyno sniffer go with 11.5 afr's that way you have room for error. If you have wideband in your car 12.0 is about as high as you want to go on the street. dyno or street tune do pulls from 3000+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was planing on getting it dyno tuned but i guees from what everyones saying its a bad idea should i just get a safc first can you cange the a/f with that or is that only for wideband?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,239 Posts
you still need the dyno to tune the safc...it does the same thing basicly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dansrt4 said:
you still need the dyno to tune the safc...it does the same thing basicly
but donst it tell you whats going in couldn't you like take it to the track and test and tune it with a safc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
oh this i know im just looking for some friendly imput
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
actually dyno's will be very misleading, most people use a dynojet, it doesn't place load on the motor and you'll run leaner on the street then you do on the dyno.

Seriously, first investment, get a wideband. I'm putting the xd-16 sets up for $365 tomorrow. beautiful investment as it leads to alot of growing opportunities with the setup, and innovate products are imho the best out there as far as widebands. AEM also makes a nice unit but it doesn't have a linear output or as wide of a range as the innovate, however is cheaper. The mapclamp is a cheap piece after you have that in place, but don't do it first. Love your car, don't hate it :thumbsup:

oh, and as for the afc, it's basically a map clamp on steroids, you can adjust it per rpm, that's the only difference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks to everyone, looking at the aem wideband now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,588 Posts
Doesn't a mapclamp only work @ WOT, whereas on the SAFC, you can tune at part throttle and full throttle? But yeah, like everyone says, get a wideband...I am hoping to have my aem installed very soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
mapclamp has nothing to do with throttle, just max voltage on the map sensor. You can very easily hit the limit on partial throttle with an srt. AFC is just a very scalable voltage modifier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,112 Posts
do you NEED a wideband though. I mean yeah its a good thing to have around, it will monitor your A/F. But for 375$ or so, can't I jsut get it adjusted when I install the mapclamp and dynotune the car? I mean I personally don't pay attention to those gauges when I'm driving, the road seems to catch my eye a bit more. Also I would probably know when the car starts to act up, and I would take it to a shop anyway seeing as I don't trust myself to do work on my car. It seems like a nice thing to have but is it a MUST? Because if it is, then i'll spend my 375$ on it, if not, theres other parts I'm also waiting to put on. I don't want to do a crap job on my car but at the same time I don't want to throw money into my car if I didn't think it was a compelte must.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,588 Posts
I look at it this way.....how much is a wideband? Not too bad, $300-350 or so. How much is a new engine? A lot more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,078 Posts
siberian57 said:
do you NEED a wideband though. I mean yeah its a good thing to have around, it will monitor your A/F. But for 375$ or so, can't I jsut get it adjusted when I install the mapclamp and dynotune the car? I mean I personally don't pay attention to those gauges when I'm driving, the road seems to catch my eye a bit more. Also I would probably know when the car starts to act up, and I would take it to a shop anyway seeing as I don't trust myself to do work on my car. It seems like a nice thing to have but is it a MUST? Because if it is, then i'll spend my 375$ on it, if not, theres other parts I'm also waiting to put on. I don't want to do a crap job on my car but at the same time I don't want to throw money into my car if I didn't think it was a compelte must.
If you're going into taking over the fuel/boost management on your car, you NEED TO BE ABLE TO view how it's running. If you're making any adjustments without information like this (EGT is another good one too if you're pushing the stocker hard, knock gauge is a wonderful additional as well too) then you could be running way lean and blow the motor up. it's like walking into a whore-house and playing russian roulette with who has the herpes. You make the adjustment, you know it's gonna feel good, but which one is damaging you in the long term
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top