Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I throw an SAFC into the mix(S2 car), how does this effect the functionality?? I believe the clamp must be relocated before the ECM. Input aprreciated. Im adding a Fpump into the mix. Just want to make sure this willwork out. Preppin for a bigger turbo next summer.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Using a map-clamp with a S-AFC would pretty much make the safc a pointless venture..as it is pretty much just a high-tech map clamp. Its just a lot more tuneable, as it utilizes a 2d map to vary the voltage based on rpm/throttle or map input [only decides hi/lo mapping], depending on how you wire it up. Either way, it only manipulates the map voltage to change the a/f ratio, and as long as you only have to pull fuel to achieve a good smooth ratio, its perfect. If you begin to need more fuel, adding it in with the safc will max out the map signal and a p0108 code will stop you in your tracks.

If you already have the s-afc, its a good route to go as far a tuning, but if you are still looking to buy, an emanage or powerpaq will yield better results due to 3d mapping [rpm/throttle/boost pressure] and a few more features which allow finer tuning through-out the rpm range.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I was kind of expecting this type answer. I get where you are coming from. When I had it tuned, aaronneon mentioned a way to use both in conjunction. But I wasnt quick enough to follow him. I will have to PM him and see if he can shed some light on this again for me. thanks though!

·
Registered
782 Posts
just do a E-01 and use the analog input/output as a clamp, then you also get one hell of a great EBC also.

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Alot of miss information here,once again.A map clamp and safc can work fine together and are a cheap route to the other options mentioned.I am using both and works flawlessly.the map clamp will clamp the map to a point overall under high boost.So lets say you clamp the map at 4.5volts[on non stage 2].now how do you lean the a/f out under that 4.5 volts without changing the a/f ratio of the rest of the rpm band?U need an afc folks.Yeah the other methods are great,but more expensive.Its all in the tunning.What ever you bring me,i will work with it.

Why the need for a clamp and an safc?Well here agp said it best..and i qoute

'Well, you don't have to clamp it. It just depends on how your tuning and setting it up. If your not pulling enough fuel out, because of smaller injectors, then you may hit an overboost code and need to clamp it. With large enough injectors, the afc can pull enough map signal out not to hit that.''

Or in the case of stage 2,the clamp can keep the timing higher than an afc by itself ,because u may not be pulling enough fuel to keep the timing high.Again its all in the tunning.The clamp is not a must with the safc,its all in what ur trying to do.
By the way,i have a perfect a/f ratio with the clamp and afc,granted i have a fuel reg also,but its perfect.Even at part throttle i have tuned it great.I drive the car daily back and forth to work.400whp at the wheels,stock exhaust and clutch[for the moment]

aaron

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaron, knew you would come through in this. Can I keep the clamp where it is, or does it need to be placed elsewhere in the system? I guess I had better start readin the SAFC HOW TO thread.

·
Registered
683 Posts
?

what exactly is a map clamp, and what does it do? i'm kinda new to all this, so i'm trying to learn about it as much as i can. thanks

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
blu04srt4 said:
what exactly is a map clamp, and what does it do? i'm kinda new to all this, so i'm trying to learn about it as much as i can. thanks

Do a search.This isnt the thread to get into this again.Its been covered time and time and time and time again.

As for Tk,i have mine where i put urs,what i have noticed is that it seems to keep the afc in a loop?? ,even when u zero the afc out it,it messes with the a/f a bit.I have also noticed that the tuneability isnt as great,but i was able to get it right where i want it,and i expect the same from your car.So i would say leave it be,then get to the dyno and see what i can do
aaron

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, I will let it be. Ill get the AFC and FP in. You will be hearing from me.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
how is an afc on a st2 car by the way? i was kinda scared to run one. but now im thinkn bout it/. i mean i dun want my piston rigns to fry ie egt's to high

1 - 10 of 10 Posts