Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a AGP turbo setup, what is the easiest way to detect leaks. it is a pain to get in there and all the bolts tight. just looking to see if there is a way anybody has come up with to find leaks.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
benmcc2003 said:
on a AGP turbo setup, what is the easiest way to detect leaks. it is a pain to get in there and all the bolts tight. just looking to see if there is a way anybody has come up with to find leaks.

boost leak tester?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm

Azzkikr764 said:
boost leak tester?
not sure if that would do it? thinking that would only check vac lines and such. could be wrong please let me know if i am.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
benmcc2003 said:
not sure if that would do it? thinking that would only check vac lines and such. could be wrong please let me know if i am.

i thought they tested everything from the turbo and on. you hook it up to the turbo..and you can hear leaks all through the intercooler piping, and vacuum lines, wastegate, BOV, anywhere. i dont know if it would work to the manifold but i thought the turbo went straight to the manifold first thing.

let me know if your lookin to buy a boost leak tester :thumbsup:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I think he's asking about the exhaust side of the turbo and the mani, boost leak tester wont work for that

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you got it

antireversion said:
I think he's asking about the exhaust side of the turbo and the mani, boost leak tester wont work for that

trying to find a decent way to find if there is any leaks on the exhaust side of things.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no

Simon.Starkie said:
Gee, I wonder if the manifold is cracked :rofl: :eveilgrin
no the bolts are tough to get to, its a new AGP so i am sure it is not cracked, its not a S3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts