Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no doubt in my mind that the straighter the system, the better it will flow. So I will be making a full 3" setup.

I was thinking of making it come out the left hole. Then I can make a Fake pipe for the right side so the wont look funny with a hole in teh bumper.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Weld a stub to the straight one at a 90 degree angle heading towards the passenger side. Then the faux pipe becomes an option you an add later if you wish. If clamped, then it becomes removable later also.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I would love to have a 3" stainless exhaust for mine, but I would probably still want the dual pipes. With 3" there will be PLENTY of flow and I'm not that worried about the few extra pounds. I am more interested in keeping the exhaust flowing from both pipes. I know a lot of individuals may not agree, but that's how I would like mine.

Let us see that when you get it done and GREAT SUGGESTION GLHS837!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Samel_Camel said:
I would love to have a 3" stainless exhaust for mine, but I would probably still want the dual pipes. With 3" there will be PLENTY of flow and I'm not that worried about the few extra pounds. I am more interested in keeping the exhaust flowing from both pipes. I know a lot of individuals may not agree, but that's how I would like mine.

Let us see that when you get it done and GREAT SUGGESTION GLHS837!
I'm with Sam on this one! IMO, exhaust vapor only coming out of ONE pipe with the other one there for show is stupid looking. This just my opinion and I'm a very anal person when it comes to something being symmetrical. I like a nice healthy mix of show-n-go!!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
The stub at a 90 is strictly for a faux second pipe. I was envisioning there being no opening. For a fuctional second pipe I would think you would want it to come off at maybe a thirty-40 degree angle. But if you do that but leave it capped, would that act as a restriction? I'm not a good enough exhaust guy to say. But I would think it would add turbulence if nothing else.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree

If you are going to make the dual pipe setup, make the pass. side pipe functional. I think those that want the other pipe will deal with the small added flow turbulence. :D
James

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Straight pipe for me. Maybe a small sign in the empty hole saying, " If you can read this, you're pretty damn quick" :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
drizze99 said:
I'm with Sam on this one! IMO, exhaust vapor only coming out of ONE pipe with the other one there for show is stupid looking. This just my opinion and I'm a very anal person when it comes to something being symmetrical. I like a nice healthy mix of show-n-go!!
Agreed. I'd want the dual pipes in place and working.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Wonderful! There are a LOT of you who agree with me. Exhaust depot, can you make an exact duplicate of the stock setup (bends matching in the back to make sure flow is even) but in a 3" stainless setup? Also, would you want to add resonators to a 3" setup? All I've got to say is it is going to be LOOOOUUUUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Samel_Camel said:
Wonderful! There are a LOT of you who agree with me. Exhaust depot, can you make an exact duplicate of the stock setup (bends matching in the back to make sure flow is even) but in a 3" stainless setup? Also, would you want to add resonators to a 3" setup? All I've got to say is it is going to be LOOOOUUUUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:twisted:
YES, VERY LOUD!! :D I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHO'S COMIN'!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
no popping though! i hate it when friggin ricers take off down here, switch gears and you hear all that cheesy popping...how much is this gonna cost? any ideas?

·
Registered
193 Posts
YES!! LOUD IS GOOD!! just remember to idle it down when passing the fuzz :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i say no resonaters....i like the single exhaust coming out of the drivers side......jsut something i have always liked especially with the muffler angled up a little and to the side......i would definately buy an exhaust stainless or not.......3" single exhaust if you make one i would buy it!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
There is no doubt in my mind that the straighter the system, the better it will flow. So I will be making a full 3" setup.

I was thinking of making it come out the left hole. Then I can make a Fake pipe for the right side so the wont look funny with a hole in teh bumper.

What do you guys think?
Ok man,
3" is good.
Can you also find the weight difference between stock and yours?
Also I'd say, design a Single 3" test its performance, and then after you can also slice the main pipe(45deg?), add the seconde outlet, and test the performance.

That way, you know which is better performance wise, since we already know what will look better :lol:

RESONATORS is a MUST, that sound will be beyond illegal with no resonator, and i know this from my present car.
Cali

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Do not install it untill you dyno the car in stock form first. :idea:

·
Registered
14 Posts
silversrt4 said:
i say no resonaters....i like the single exhaust coming out of the drivers side......jsut something i have always liked especially with the muffler angled up a little and to the side......i would definately buy an exhaust stainless or not.......3" single exhaust if you make one i would buy it!
EXACTLY, when my comes in (texas) im going to do 3" turbo back no cat no resonator no muffler... coming out dirvers side..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:

What do you guys think?
That's the setup I've been looking into doing for the past year now. (just the exhaust tip). SOunds good to me! 8)

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Either or is fine, but like some other said, don't put a fake tip on the right side, your going to have a clean hole compared to a dirty one, and that'll look weird (only one outlet works on my Pacesetter dual catback for some reason :? ) I like the staright 3" piping though, it's common physics. If you go with the single, you'd be better off bondoing that hole up on the right, it's not that big anyhow... shouldn't cost much either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts