Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys Im not sure what it is, but here we go .... a week i put in stage 1 about 2 -3 days later when i hit the gas pedal to gun it, my car jerks for power, i thought nothing of it, yesturday I put in my AGP WGA and MBC and i installed the MBC incorrect so i ran high boost for like 2 hours i realized what i have done and fixed it now after 10 - 12 psi my car jerks to the extreme and loud crackles outa the exhuast,,,, any suggestions ?????

I couple of freinds of mine said this .....

Spark Plugs need Regaping
Spark Plugs need to be replaced
AGP WGA needs adjusting
You need a MAP clamp

please help me i need to know how to fix it im about to buy new spark plugs to find out if thats the prob.... thanx for reading this and please reply with anything you need to know or have in mind thanx again

·
Registered
377 Posts
all of the above...except new plugs

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
DO NOT put that map clamp ontill you get on a Dyno or install a true A/F gauge. If you install the clamp and just start changing things you may blow your motor. Spark Plugs need to be replaced
AGP WGA needs adjusting
try those two things map clamp will add power butit will probably not fix the problem you have.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Have you checked your plugs lately?
Do this first.
Could be wires, coil pack, etc..

You could also try going back to stock computer and see what happens.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
srtowner said:
DO NOT put that map clamp ontill you get on a Dyno or install a true A/F gauge. If you install the clamp and just start changing things you may blow your motor. Spark Plugs need to be replaced
AGP WGA needs adjusting
try those two things map clamp will add power butit will probably not fix the problem you have.
ok thanx man i really dont wanna blow my motor, I am awaiting my friend to find his Bosche platinuim +4 spark plugs and i will replace them and I can try the stock ecu as well after the plugs ..... thanx for the suggestions and the warnings this is very helpful! thanx again!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
what are all the mods you guys have had?

I just ordered Stage 1, my only power mod otherwise is Injen SRI.
I hope I dont have these problems =( Otherwise my car is bone stock (BOV and STS)

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
Are you still running a line to your stage 1 so it controls your boost? make sure to use a different line and bypass the computer so it doesn't try to control your boost anymore. check the gap on the plugs like mentioned. puttin all this shit on is gonna make your car kinda rough by the way.. so don't be surprised after you get this fixed if it's still a lil 'crazy'

·
Registered
45 Posts
i got that problem after i turned up the boost on my agp wga i turned it back down and still happens but not nearly as much

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Replace your plugs (I suggest NGK's at .040 gap) and reset the PCM.

DO NOT:
Regap old/used plugs
Run any platinum plug (especially bosch plat. 4) in a forced induction motor

Platinums run hot and the plat. +4's are some serious CRAP. I would rather run the stock crappy champs then the +4's. I suggest the NGK plugs and a new set of plug wires (msd or equivalent) unless you already have a set.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Check your TPS sensor and the wiring. I have gone through 5 of them so far. My car doesn't idle very bad when mine goes out but it runs just like you described. Also putting a bigger fuel pump might help you too. There is also a service advisory out now for the MAP sensor software that is in the PCM. Have the dealer check that too.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I didn't see anyone mention a reset of the ECU. If you ran high boost for awhile/damaged plugs, the computer may have gone into a safe mode (evident when getting unusual amount of exhaust pops). I would first sit in the car, turn the ignition to: run,off,run,off,run in quick order. Then watch to see if any codes come up. If so check against the code list on here. If not, then disconeect the NEGATIVE terminal off the battery and leave it off for around three minutes. you also need to press the brake pedal down and hold for about 10 seconds to make sure any residual stored electrical energy is discharged. Hook up the battery and then try it out. If the popping is now gone, bets are it went into limp home/safe mode.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have this same sound when boosting. A plllllll and power cuts for a second and a backfire. I wish it was just the plugs but it made no difference. My car was fine then started doing it with no changes being made. Im going to switch back to stage 0 ecu and see if that works..

·
Registered
11 Posts
that is fuel cut off get the fuel cut off defender made by turbo x cess i had the same problem but not any more it is because you are boosing higher than what the computer thinks you should

·
Registered
59 Posts
Crackling through the exhaust = unburnt fuel dumping out of your motor and igniting in your exhaust.

I'm new to SRT-4's but not to racing. Heres what comes to mind.

1)Running real rich (not tuned properly)
2)Plug wires ok? Are they burnt from running the shit out of your turbo (heat fried wires) - causing a cross/no-fire.
3)Fouled or destroyed plug (you were running high boost? detonation ruined plug/s?)

Hope you find the prob.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did you get this fixed? Mine will work fine for about 5 passes when i change the plugs and it starts right back up. Scanner says im not rich or lean but it acts just like it did when i was rich. Plugs look like it's lean no matter what. I dont see any fuel (Smoke) unless i spray which is even stranger since im spraying a 75 and have jetted the fuel all the way down to 35. Tried putting the stock coil back on, wires, etc but that wouldnt explain why it would work for a while with new plugs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts