Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I tightened up my Oil Feed Line banjo bolt and the leak subsided, it's no longer smoking and the smell isn't as strong. I figured the rest of it is leaking from the drain tube so me and my friend will be pulling the turbo tomorrow to check it out and put it back together. I am thinking of posting a step by step with pictures.

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRTotM Moderator
6,676 Posts
Ok I'm having this issue now but It's extremely bad I lost 4qts in a few minutes and I can find this damn leak could it possibly be the cam shaft seal seeing that it is leaking so much

The most ironic/ego crushing part of the night was being towed home by a evo..... Seeing my license plate says lol-evo and I'm being towed my one ... The 15 miles of shame

·
6,676 Posts
Yeah I did get a few really good pulls out of it before this new issue

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
make sure your check valve or PCV is working properly. Thats what caused mine to blow out the cam seal. Boost getting in. I fixed the cam seals and then the VC gasket went. Finally I found the PCV valve wasn't doing shit.

·
6,676 Posts
Well I have a check valve in there so I know it's not the pcv.. I mean I did swap cams and didn't replace the seals haha.. I did have the check valve out for a few days and I know the pcv leaks so it could have started it and me boosting 30 psi prolly didn't help

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
6,676 Posts
had this too. mine was the front crank seal due to crank walk. hope this isn't your problem.
Well it's not that thank god after talking with kevin2004 he pointed out the camshaft seal so I was looking and it's against the back of my cam gear lol

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
im having the same problem now. funny thing is when i pull the dip stick it shows no loss of oil when my car would leave a puddle on the floor.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I hate to bump this considering how old it is, but any updates? Mine is leaking the exact same way and it has been pissing me off. Thought it was the oil pan gasket and had it changed and it wasn't it. I'll take off the timing cover tomorrow if I have time tomorrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could be more than one leak, Don't know if anyone has tried the oil pressure sensor had mine start leaking through the wires, also had one of the oil lines that is attached to the back of the block below the exhaust manifold it was a compression fitting that wasn't tightened enough was a major bitch to fix!!!! :wah?!:

·
Registered
958 Posts
I changed the pressure sensor a few weeks ago, and checked recently and it wasn't leaking. I can't figure it out, so I'm taking to Dodge tomorrow.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts