Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well the car has been leaking oil for about a year now..i have had the crack seal and oil pan gasket replaced at 30k cause they were leaking..and i found leaks again a year ago..67k on car now..so far i have replaced the oil pan gasket again and replaced the oil pressure switch..i cant tell if its leaking from the crank seal again or not..or if its leaking for a some oil hose which i dont now which one..here is some pics to show u guys whats up..i am losing about a quart of oil every 2 weeks

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check your trans output seal. Mine leaked it and flings it everywhere. Also looks like you lost a bolt on your charge pipe.
yea charge pipe i onl have one on there...trans output seal?..where is that?..and that would leak engine oil and no trans fluid?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
DOes look like it's from the back of the engine and somewhere in and around the area of the turbo lines. The oil pan is moist over a large area.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yea charge pipe i onl have one on there...trans output seal?..where is that?..and that would leak engine oil and no trans fluid?
Its on both sides of the transmission where the axles come out. Fluid color will vary depending on what you have inside it. Now if its something like royal purple its nice and easy to identify. My suggestion is simple green the crap out of everything, get it nice and clean, then see at least the area its coming from, right now it looks like everywhere.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its on both sides of the transmission where the axles come out. Fluid color will vary depending on what you have inside it. Now if its something like royal purple its nice and easy to identify. My suggestion is simple green the crap out of everything, get it nice and clean, then see at least the area its coming from, right now it looks like everywhere.
yea the axles seals only have 12k on them..so i cant see y they would leak..i need to get under there next chance i have and clean everything good and see what happens

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cam seals on the passenger side - leaking down behind the timing belt cover

maybe oil return line leaking at the turbo or where it goes back into the block.
yea i checked all the turbo oil lines and ajusted and tightened the clamps..idleld the car and no leaks from those lines..the only things i can think of is the cranks seal again and or the cam seals..now i would need to remove all of the motor mounts and timing belt cover to see if these r leaking correct?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
You could take the top timing belt cover off and see if the timing belt is wet. My car has a bad front crank seal leak and the timing belt gets oil on it and carries it up and slings it on to my hood, since the cover is still off. FYI the cover is only 3 small screws, no jacks needed.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You could take the top timing belt cover off and see if the timing belt is wet. My car has a bad front crank seal leak and the timing belt gets oil on it and carries it up and slings it on to my hood, since the cover is still off. FYI the cover is only 3 small screws, no jacks needed.
ok i can get to these small bolts without removing anything?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok.....

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
3x 8mm screws. Just gotta wriggle it up and out. May have to move washer line and possibly coolant line

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am having the same problem. My car leaves a tiny puddle when up to temperature but when it cools down it doesn't leak. It also stinks and smokes out of the hood, i opened and looked at it and it seams to be coming from behind the engine somewhere, maybe the oil lines to the turbo. This is my first turbo car and I have no idea what to do. Which oil line goes into the top side of the turbo and how do I stop it from leaking? Also how do you get to the other line?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ive got the same dam leak from mine. I degreased the underside and let it run and still cant find it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts