Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just installed my AGP block off plate and a 1G DSM BOV and im getting a high pitched whistle noise from about 2K RPM up and a high pitched whistle when i shift as well. I know they arent supposed to sound like that, they are supposed to have more of a chatter to them. I also have a feeling maybe some lines arent hooked up right.Could someone help me out with a diagram on how they hooked up their Boost controller and an Aftermarket BOV?

Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i just found out that the noise and air are coming from the intake side of the turbo and the BOV isnt even letting out any air. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
89 Posts
yea man, your block off plate isnt tightend down all the way. alos, make sure that you use some of the copper sealant around the bop. mine did the same thing, its an easy fix, and ill guess that it'll be coming from the third bolt area. good luck

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i also wanted to mention that the DSM flange and pipe are only like 1" or 1.5" and the SRT-4 rubber IC piping is alot bigger so i had to tighten that down and it started to crinkle around the edges. Is there a possibility that it could be leaking from there? If it isnt from the BOP or the piping around the BOV, any other ideas as to what it could be?

·
Banned
460 Posts
yea, if u dont want to use copper gasket sealer, im using RTV Grey sealant around mine....the "EASIEST" way to get that 3rd bolt (provided u gotta smal forearm) is to reach UNDER the turbo from the passanger side, and use a 10mm ratcheting wrench to get at that bolt...enjoy yourself and try to NOT cut yourself on the coolant box :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts