Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife has an 03 srt-4. some how there is oil getting in my cooling system. things that I have checked all ready. I have checked every fluid in the car there is no mixing of water with any other fluid. not even in the engine oil. if it was a headgasket or some kind if oil cooler crack or turbo center section housing. wouldn't after shutting off the car the water would push back, and contaminate oil system.because the engine oil is completely free of water. I have not been driving the car very much. I flushed the system out three times, it started to clear up. but now I have been driving the car more and it is starting to come back. I have been using the zerex g-05 coolant every time i flush it.car is basicaly stock. the only mod is stage 1, and moper bov. nothing else, my wife drives it back and fourth to work. car doesn't get driven hard. car has 63,000 miles on it.

help would be appreciated trying to find out what else to check or take apart to save from taking it to the shop right away.

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
Sounds like a head gasket to me mang. Pull the oil cap off, if you see a foam on it at all..it's bad news. Are you losing oil? Check that...I've never known any other problems that involve oil in the coolant other than a gasket issues. Bump for more opinions....and how come you don't make it to meets man? You live close to tons of cali meets. We could check that badboy out there every Thursday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SNOOPALOOP said:
Sounds like a head gasket to me mang. Pull the oil cap off, if you see a foam on it at all..it's bad news. Are you losing oil? Check that...I've never known any other problems that involve oil in the coolant other than a gasket issues. Bump for more opinions....and how come you don't make it to meets man? You live close to tons of cali meets. We could check that badboy out there every Thursday.

thats just it i have check engine oil and cap it is normal a bite dirty but normal

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it ended up being the turbo. we replaced the head and the oil cooler still oil ah... only thing left to try was the turbo. but how could it be that? never heard of this happening. changed the turbo swapped it out for another stock turbo. oh my god no more oil....:wah?!:what the hell factory freak.... some where the turbo had an internal leak. 1700 dollars later cars fixed. this was on a car that was daily driven. rairly raced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts