Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the hell arent are cars in ne magizines these days? i mean turbo magazine dont really have shit for are cars and i was thinking maybe sport compact car would but nope. i think i saw one article in the turbo mag before. other than that its always supra this rx7 that, 240 this honda that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Our cars are too easy and too cheap to mod...

it doesn't get readers interest. They want to tell stories of a 475HP Sti that cost 20,000,000$ to mod and it took about three years and a special team that flew over from Japan to put it together after being advised by the engineer who invented the first 0.7L 3Cyl Subaru Justy who also has an extremely attractive sister (which might be under aged by the way she looks) holding a B I G Turbo.... way too tight on the cover.

not to mention our car is a Dodge.

·
Registered
242 Posts
:rofl: I try

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
the srt4 is a project car in SCC (orange srt4 with cf hood and cuda stripes and junk), theyve been in a couple of the scc magazines, and they also did an article on the extreme leightweight srt4. i also seen it in performance auto and sound (pasmag.com) in their 2005 annual edition mag, the srt4 was listen one of the top 10 tuner platforms. which also included, the cavalier/sunfire,civic,rx-7,evo,240,350z,wrx,supra, and gti. and in my "ultimate tuner parts guide" and such magazines, i always see carbonbydesigns products and other companys products for our srt4's. Theyre in mags! just not as much as the other crap

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Probably because our car ain't new (they don't even build it anymore). oh, and because we already spanked everyone else, so it's no fun in performance competitions...

·
Registered
81 Posts
a friend of mine said there was this huge multi part story in Grassroots motorsports. They made it handle like it was on rails and did some engine work i believe im in the process of ordering the back issues when i get them ill see if i can scan them and put them up or something similiar because it is a great series.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Boossssssssst said:

it doesn't get readers interest. They want to tell stories of a 475HP Sti that cost 20,000,000$ to mod and it took about three years and a special team that flew over from Japan to put it together after being advised by the engineer who invented the first 0.7L 3Cyl Subaru Justy who also has an extremely attractive sister (which might be under aged by the way she looks) holding a B I G Turbo.... way too tight on the cover.

PURE POETRY!

·
Registered
153 Posts
No Magazines but...

...on Sandals? I found this on Burlingtons Coat Factory in Altamonte Springs, FL. Go figure!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Boossssssssst said:

I agree. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
explorerxls said:
...on Sandals? I found this on Burlingtons Coat Factory in Altamonte Springs, FL. Go figure!!!!

:lol: :lol: this is too much

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Cuz its a Neon!!! :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Boossssssssst said:

sooooo true.. they always on the front covers of magazines display "600WHP DAILY DRIVER STI" and "10 SECOND WRX" etc etc etc

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
i think its simply because of the audience... they are focusing on the MAJORITY of readers which well... are driving wrx, 240sx, HONDAS, IMPORTS, and oh ya HONDAS.. did i forget to mention every kid just about drives a honda.. thats the main reason obviously its because it means more business for them... its cars that have been around being modded for like 20+years(hondas) so there is a huge group of people who would be interested in reading the magazine...srt-4 is kinda out on its own... not one of thsoe imports... and not a v8 american car... yet it already has an aftermarket thats grown to vast proportions...pretty funny if u ask me

1 - 20 of 37 Posts