Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge SRT4
2,636 Posts
Just grabbed one from him last week. Best STS available to us, so thankful he's still doing them!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I tend to see two different camps around here, and I was hoping someone might explain. STS doesn't seem to be a popular mod compared to say, 3rd gear shift extenders. Why does one camp go with one, while the other does what seems to be the opposite? Or am I misunderstanding things?

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
275 Posts
"Shift brake?"

Like a stop or something?
Sorry, I should have written "rod brake". Others can explain this better than me.

I first had a dealership replace the original SRT shifter with a Mopar Performance STS but Chuck reengineered my original SRT shifter and then installed it. I gave him my Mopar STS in return.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tend to see two different camps around here, and I was hoping someone might explain. STS doesn't seem to be a popular mod compared to say, 3rd gear shift extenders. Why does one camp go with one, while the other does what seems to be the opposite? Or am I misunderstanding things?
In Chuck's email to me he said all trans issues need to be taken care of first or the STS can exacerbate the issues. So makes sense ppl would initially get extenders over an STS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah from what I've read, they increase the gear engagement by 20% or so.

Mine is actually in the shop right now for clutch and friends, including both extenders. I have 3rd gear pop out on the downshift, but not grinds, so hoping they do the trick.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got it back from the shop, and yeah my fork was worn af. But it seems like 3rd pop out is gone with the extenders in and it shifts so smooth now. My old clutch was definitely not disengaging fully.
Which fork did you replace it with?

Hearing about these "extenders" is new to me....got a link or info on what you used?

Also, how much was the install for all that, if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts