Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently (a month ago) purchased an 04 SRT4 and brought it in this morning to get the Mopar BOV installed. I was expecting to take the public transit to and from work. But to my surprise, they drove me to work and are going to pick me up after work. Plus car gets a free wash. I must say this is one of the best $150 I've spent for my car.
Oh and the reason why I let the dealership do such a minor install is bec. I didn't wanna risk voiding my 7-year powertrain warranty. I talked to the service manager prior and he assured me that as long as its Mopar and they install it, I don't have to worry about any warranty issues.

· Registered
5,431 Posts
no offense, but you just got owned by your dealer.

1. it doesn't matter who installs it, you or the dealer, unless the modification directly causes faliure of another part, then it cannot void your warranty.

2. they got you to pay them $150 for something you could do in 15 minutes in your driveway with a 10mm wrench.

3. they'll try to void your warranty for it anyway if there ever is a problem, search and ask around on that one. they argue that the mopar bov "changes the characteristics of the motor, and thus causes excess stress on the engine, leading to XXX happning." they even tried to blame one guys flywheel bolts backing out on it. believe me, having your dealer install parts isn't going to save your warranty.

4. you now have no warranty anyway once dcx reads that you changed something on the car :hi:

welcome to the world of dcx voids your warranty for no apparent reason if they feel like it. if you're concerned about the warranty, stay stock. it's the only safe way to keep it, and not even then are you truly safe. they always have the abuse clause to fall back on.....

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
PSI Chick said:
no offense, but you just got owned by your dealer.

1. it doesn't matter who installs it, you or the dealer, unless the modification directly causes faliure of another part, then it cannot void your warranty.

2. they got you to pay them $150 for something you could do in 15 minutes in your driveway with a 10mm wrench.

3. they'll try to void your warranty for it anyway if there ever is a problem, search and ask around on that one. they argue that the mopar bov "changes the characteristics of the motor, and thus causes excess stress on the engine, leading to XXX happning." they even tried to blame one guys flywheel bolts backing out on it. believe me, having your dealer install parts isn't going to save your warranty.

4. you now have no warranty anyway once dcx reads that you changed something on the car :hi:

welcome to the world of dcx voids your warranty for no apparent reason if they feel like it. if you're concerned about the warranty, stay stock. it's the only safe way to keep it, and not even then are you truly safe. they always have the abuse clause to fall back on.....
We'll see. And and by the way $150 includes the part itself. All depends on your dealer (service manager) my man. I noticed you americans get really bad dealership service :hi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.