1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
i use it in my f350 superduty made my tranny shift smoother

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Guys do not buy lucas products, they are a waste of time and will do nothing but hurt your engine.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I use Lucas oil in my engine w/mobil 1 and not just in my srt4.....can say nothing but good results from using it, but you really can't tell if it's "hurting or helping"...maybe an oil analysis test to be sure??

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
it has been tested MANY times and lucas products have a bad habit of foaming up when it is usend in gear driven mechanical parts.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
i use lucas and mobil 1 15W50 in my engine and my puppy runs fabulous, i get about 35 miles per gallon now when i dont stomp the throttle all the time...of course, who wants to drive like that all the time? LOL, but no, seriously, i do alot of traveling, and the hi MPG is VERY apparent on the highway. i can get about 350 miles out of my tank before the gas light comes on. wether or not it hurts or helps an engine, i dunno. its a very thick fluid, so i DOUBT it hurts it. if anything, it prolly helps it since it is a thicker fluid, chances are it holds a better seal and will not break down as easily as plain oil.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
i use lucas and mobil 1 15W50 in my engine and my puppy runs fabulous, i get about 35 miles per gallon now when i dont stomp the throttle all the time...of course, who wants to drive like that all the time? LOL, but no, seriously, i do alot of traveling, and the hi MPG is VERY apparent on the highway. i can get about 350 miles out of my tank before the gas light comes on. wether or not it hurts or helps an engine, i dunno. its a very thick fluid, so i DOUBT it hurts it. if anything, it prolly helps it since it is a thicker fluid, chances are it holds a better seal and will not break down as easily as plain oil.

plz do a little research before you put that product into your crankcase.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The company I work for makes gearboxes for industrial machines...I am not an expert on oil or additives but the suppliers of our oil HIGHLY recommend against these.
It also says so in your manual...
Another easy way for DC to void your warranty IMHO.
Cheers,
LIP

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
read the review/test done by Bob and can say that one test isn't the end all/ tell all on additives like Lucas, but I'm not going to be putting that stuff in my engine anymore :)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
one thing I noticed when watching that Nopi sport compact show that's on t.v. lately is that alot of the racers in the drag racing series use the Lucas oil stabilizer stuff. When they show guys working on their engines between runs they all have bottles of the stuff in their work area.

·
Registered
955 Posts
With what I understand about the lucas additives and how it breaks down the anti-oxidents [which are used to prevent foaming], and the fact the oil pump is a positive displacement gear set...I wouldnt think to highly of the stuff myself...foam is air, air in bearings is bad. Thicker isnt better either...thicker oil is more difficult to get through small orfices like oil passages, therefore it would theortically take longer for everything to recieve fully pressurized oil on startup, overstress the oil pump, and cause undue wear on critical components..

I'm not sure if the research that I have read is an absolute truth, but the only place I really see promoting this crap are places the sell it or are in some way sponsored by it.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
hmm...well, i dunno if it is good or bad for the engine, but i havent noticed anything bad going on, so for now, ill just wait till my next oil change to go back to normal oil, but as far as the warranty goes, doesnt matter...mines already voided, so oil isnt going to be the first thing they are looking at next time i go to the shop....

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
just got back from autozone and two new products from Lucal Oil: a highly concentrated octane booster using MMT (which I wouldn't use) and a NEW synthetic form of their oil additive specially made for imports/ 4cylinder motors...supposed to be thinner and now fully synthetic which blends w/ALL other motor oils...might have to try this stuff!!??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts