Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
it seems to me that the f-bodies and rustangs are little scared over there.....bet if they got beat and thier buddies saw it, they would get ragged on lol! "just another neon my @$$" anyways not everybody has to like it........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bring it on guys....

The Ws6 sitting in the garage waiting to play...

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
lol im not taking on a ws6 with my stock srt....that dumb, i pick fights that i have a fighting chance at winning! im just tired of everybody saying its just a neon. anyways i am trying to defend our name a lil bit over there, dont know if i am doing a good job or not, i already put on my flame suit cuz i know its coming lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
From what I have seen of stock 2000+ Ls1's the stock SRT4 should give the Ls1 a good run on a roll. It obviously cant get as good of a launch but the trap speeds are up there.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
TriState Audio said:
Bring it on guys....

The Ws6 sitting in the garage waiting to play...
Not exactly stock tho :) I think i'll wait till i've got at least a stage 2 to play with that. But i've got no problem going against a stock Fbody. I *should* lose, but different drivers, different days.....

E

·
0 Posts
I made a post on LS1.com :)

I've been a member there since April of 2000 -- Lets see if I get anyone accusing me of being a troll there.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think the smartest thing I saw over there was "Dodge is just cashing in on a trend". That is soooooo true, if it weren't for the WRXes, the riced out Civics, and the EVO's, the SRT would have prolly never been made.

-faast

E

·
0 Posts
Were they cashing in on a trend when they did the Omni GLH? Or the Shelby Daytona? The Spirit R/T? Come on... Dodge has made high performance "budget" cars for a very long time... This is nothing new, altho, it is very exciting.

To try to imply that they are simply following in the footsteps of Subaru, Honda, etc. is just plain wrong. Dodge has been doing it just as long as anyone else.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Slow5OH said:
I think the smartest thing I saw over there was "Dodge is just cashing in on a trend". That is soooooo true, if it weren't for the WRXes.
-faast
Yeah, like AWD Turbos are something new in America.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Slow5OH said:
I think the smartest thing I saw over there was "Dodge is just cashing in on a trend". That is soooooo true, if it weren't for the WRXes, the riced out Civics, and the EVO's, the SRT would have prolly never been made.

-faast

Ya....and? I wouldnt care if the president of Dodge got the idea for the SRT-4 when God told him to build it during a whacked out acid trip. The bottom line is that we have it.

That LS1 board is something else....who would have thought those guys would have been so pissed off at a fast domestic car for under $20k...go figure.

The SRT-4 has really turned out to be the ugly duckling of car scene. God...I cant wait to start stomping people with it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
haha...do i have to repeat myself? yes....

I understand you feel that american sport compacts have their roots in Japanese sport compacts but thats where i call a bluff. Sure the Honda Civic is thought to have originated the scene but you must keep in mind that it was the Rabbit (later to become the Golf) that brought low buget fun for everyone here in America. The truth guys is as hard as it is to admit, guess what car was the originater of the Sport Compact scene? Thank the British Automobile industry, Mr. Cooper and Mini. Please remember that the Mini Cooper although never popular here was manufactured from the 1950s up until 1999 when BMW ceased production to overhaul the plant in preparation for the new Mini.

This my friends the cold truth is that while the Japanese brought us cheap reliable daily transport it was the Germans and then the Americans that started the movement here in America. It wasnt until the late 80s and early 90s with the strong presence of imported compacts that the tuners began to realize that there was a niche market. Now a multi-billion dollar industry you all should give credit where its due Mini, VW then Chrysler and then the rest we all know is history. Dodge stepped into the scence with the Omni back in late 1979 but it wasnt until 85-86 that they really turned the heat up with the GLH-Turbo much like they did with the SRT4 recently.

The mission back then (set forth by a former GM boss who was then running Chrysler ) was to turn the Omni into a contender, keep it at a 9,995 sticker, pass emissions, meet EPA fuel guidelines, good handling and most of all fun to drive. What resulted was the also the originater of the TD (TurboDodge) movement that is still present today. Sure the GLH-T (Goes Like Hell - Turbo ) was crude, ugly etc but at the end of the day the T1 powered (2.2L SOHC Turbo NON-intercooled) with its mighty (then) 146hp was (and still is, sure not stock but you get the point) a force to reckon with as no one else had anything that could compete (then). Then in 1986 C. Shelby (the guy who brought you the GT500 KR )made sure the Omni got as much attention as all of those weak V8s of the 80s and thus the Shelby Omni was born and a legacy that to this day holds true in all of the Shelby-Dodges that still prowl American roads destroying some V8s in the process with half the cylinders . The Omni GLHS is more than a Shelby numbered car..its the originater of the American Sport Compact movement PERIOD!.

If you all recall history when (my car) the Shelby Omni was introduced to the world it came fresh out of spanking an American classic the Shelby GT350, C. Shelby knew what the outcome would be , was comfident about it and welcomed Hot Rod magazine's editors to test his latest creation...a 4 cylinder american economy car . I will give VW its credit as well because the Rabbit grew from an economy car into an innovator of FWD-ers but never was the originator nor was the Honda Civic. Maybe if you guys (those who are anti Sport Compact ..Mustang owners, LS1 owners and so forth) should do your research before you come to our forums bashing what choose as our mode of transport.

I respect V8 muscle cars and all but you guys should step back and think about it. While sure you have your M5s, Z8's, F355 , 360M and so on remember that there are still cars out there like the Dodge Viper SRT-10 or the Ram SRT10 or any Corvette that are still using pushrod driven engines not some computer or variable valve timing to run the show (Sorry Mustand guys you know the truth..face it ). Dont get me started on V8s cause if you LS1 guys go back remember your cars wouldnt be here had it not been for the I-6 powered Vette of yore (sure GM swepted it up after installing a V if it werent for the Corvette we'd have no F bodies or LS1s and LS6s or the many years of dominance the Vette has held on and off. Now for the Ford side, the GT40 will always hold its place in history..enough said. Henry Ford did bring his dream to mass production and if it wasnt for Ford the global car industry wouldnt be the same. Over the years Ford has manage to overcome serious obstacles and it is shouldnt seem like a miracle to all that it continues to prosper.

Lets all step back in and remember that each of the cars made by the Big 3 have contributed in their own ways to the "Muscle Car" history here in America. Sure while all are not V8s (some Flat motored, most 4 cylinder , some turbo , some supercharged and most very fuel efficient, then and still now) the technology they have brought to the table is what has kept many American automakers in business. Think about the 70s fuel crisis and remember these names..Civic, Gremlin, Omni, Rabbit, Pinto , Beetle and Prelude because there would be many cars and companies that would not have lived to see this day had it not been for these fuel efficient 4 cylinders bringing home the bread and butter so that they could continue making their money pits (V8s) better and faster.

There would be no Thunderbird had it not been for the Vette..there would be no Camaro/Firebird had it not been for the Mustang...and (saddest for some of you all to admit) there would be no American cars to call Muscle cars had it not been for one car The Ford Model T. If you cant admit that then you need to park you car, think about it and then rationalize the denial you are in. Do your research and all of the cars you V8 Hot Roders hate so much in part helped to make sure your car (in some cases) was born and ensured that they still exist today...wuth more glory than ever in some cases.

I may someday own a V8 may not but since i cant afford one like many others here (i mean to maintain and keep fueled) my dreams of going fast are fueled by a good ole fashioned SOHC designed 4 cylinder, a turbo and a 4 door economy car. What is wrong with dreaming big in a small, lightweight and nimble package that just so happens to be fuel efficient, family oriented and easy to maintain? cant we all dream....

better?? im gonna contact SCC see if they'll give me chance at something ive always wanted to do....write about cars..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
ekool said:
Were they cashing in on a trend when they did the Omni GLH? Or the Shelby Daytona? The Spirit R/T? Come on... Dodge has made high performance "budget" cars for a very long time... This is nothing new, altho, it is very exciting.

To try to imply that they are simply following in the footsteps of Subaru, Honda, etc. is just plain wrong. Dodge has been doing it just as long as anyone else.
Yeah and when was the last time any of those cars was made? 1992? And if I rememeber correctly those cars weren't too terribly popular. The whole import/tuning scene was nothing back then. I mean what cars did we have back then, Supras, RX-7's, DSM's and not a whole lot more. My point is the SRT would never have been brought into conception if it weren't for the whole street tuner scene. What's the SRT's main goal? To compete with the other performance econoboxes of the market. Who are those competitors? Civics, WRX's, Focis and a few others. If you seriously think Dodge has done something groundbreaking with the SRT, don't let me tell you otherwise. But Dodge didn't invent this segment of the market, Honda did and to a lesser degree VW. The early turbo dodges were a proverbial drop in the bucket.

-faast

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
acr2v.. I know you were in a rush, but paragrahps!!! and sentence structure!!! That block is impossible to read. Please, for the sake of the rest of us, please break that up a little :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Slow5OH said:
ekool said:

If you seriously think Dodge has done something groundbreaking with the SRT, don't let me tell you otherwise.

-faast
Who is saying what dodge has done is groundbreaking?
Don’t take peoples jubilee over a new tuner product as being some kind of youth full arrogance.
The only thing that Dodge is guilty of is providing an inexpensive tuner vehicle to the people.
Now what is wrong with that?
Surely WRX'ers were equally as thrilled at the arrival of their own precious “Sport Compacts”.

Evan

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
abaddsm said:
Slow5OH said:
ekool said:

If you seriously think Dodge has done something groundbreaking with the SRT, don't let me tell you otherwise.

-faast
Who is saying what dodge has done is groundbreaking?
Don’t take peoples jubilee over a new tuner product as being some kind of youth full arrogance.
The only thing that Dodge is guilty of is providing an inexpensive tuner vehicle to the people.
Now what is wrong with that?
Surely WRX'ers were equally as thrilled at the arrival of their own precious “Sport Compacts”.

Evan
I never said there was anything wrong with that. :?

-faast

·
Registered
534 Posts
Fuck the F-bodies....talk shit about someting that is in their range....an 8-cylinder "muscle car". Dodge and PVO have cranked out a lot of pop from the 4cyl srt....kinda like "pick on someone your own size" Fuck the f-bodies.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Hey if you guys hate f-bodies now, take a look at this guy. Now I know the SRT isn't an import but what this guy is doing is dispicable. He's going to end up killing someone under the guise that he hates imports. I got this over at NASIOC, apparently this guy just trolls import forums and dispenses the same drivel over and over again.

http://www.anti-rice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1076&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

1 - 20 of 37 Posts