Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
added 1.8 inch drop lowering springs and it is great, vehicle rides good and
handles good

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I've been driving on my Eibach springs for about a week now, and I'm very happy. It looks great, corners great, seems to have less wheel hop at launch (but I did also replace the upper engine mount).

At first it seemed a little bouncy, but I think it's settling down a bit now. Also, you certainly feel the bumps in the road more, but what do you expect? It definitely feels like a race car now, and I like that.

Dan

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I paid around $245 for the kit from a local shop, because I didn't want to wait. But I think if you look around on the net you can probably find it for closer to $200.

I'm taking the car to the track tonight. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
drolander said:
I paid around $245 for the kit from a local shop, because I didn't want to wait. But I think if you look around on the net you can probably find it for closer to $200.

I'm taking the car to the track tonight. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow.
Whats up man can we see the pics????.... :D Im gonna lower mine when i get it so I want an idea thanxs

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The weather sux now. It's raining. I thought a dude at the track last Friday was going send me some pictures but I haven't seen them yet. I'll try to post something tonight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
drolander said:
The weather sux now. It's raining. I thought a dude at the track last Friday was going send me some pictures but I haven't seen them yet. I'll try to post something tonight.
sounds good cant wait!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanxs for the pics...for some strange reason its not what i expected so now im even thinking i shouldnt lower it if it does not give a big effect. But good job anyways!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
The pictures probably don't do it justice, but I think it's a big improvement, and to me its very noticeably different. I think the pictures are so dark, that you can't really see the reduction in wheel gap, but there's only about an inch of gap now, whereas bone stock the car probably has close to 3 inches of gap.

Some day I might put adjustable coilovers on, and then it could be lowered even more, but it's already pretty low and I do have to be careful going up/down driveways and over speedbumps.

But it's up to you. Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
So, how's your scrape?

Any at all? Hows handling? I have never dealt wirth eibach springs, so I need some mof rinfo.

Do they compe in Soft, Sport and Race liek neuspeed does?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Enough already, that car looks saaweeeet dro, plus it brings out the factory ground effects.

I've lowered all of my Mustangs in the past and I was 100% sure I wouldn't lower my SRT-4, but you just changed my mind. :wink:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Normally eibach sells two kits a Pro kit and the regular kit. The Pro kit normally drops it a little bit more than the other and is a lot stiffer. Springs are by far the best suspension upgrade you can do for the money I did this so my 91crx and before I couldnt take turns faster than 40 without my tires screaming like hell now after just about the same drop I can nail turns doing 90 and not a peep from the tires. It will be a little bit stiffer than stock but thats the point to handle better. Im sure that with this upgrade you will scrape the bottom a little more but from what im told thats a guard under the car (thats what its there for). My car is roughly 2.5" from the ground so I am use to watching bumps so no big deal for me.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
chubz said:
Normally eibach sells two kits a Pro kit and the regular kit. The Pro kit normally drops it a little bit more than the other and is a lot stiffer. Springs are by far the best suspension upgrade you can do for the money I did this so my 91crx and before I couldnt take turns faster than 40 without my tires screaming like hell now after just about the same drop I can nail turns doing 90 and not a peep from the tires. It will be a little bit stiffer than stock but thats the point to handle better. Im sure that with this upgrade you will scrape the bottom a little more but from what im told thats a guard under the car (thats what its there for). My car is roughly 2.5" from the ground so I am use to watching bumps so no big deal for me.
The SRT 2.5 from the ground?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
No Sorry thats my CRX SI, havent bought the SRT-4 waiting for my bud to get the money to buy my car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
17 Participants
Pit Viper
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing