Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here lowered their car yet?
I would love to see what that looks like

·
Registered
243 Posts
I learned my lesson from lowering my Spec-V. I used the most popular springs available, and it turned my ride into a real uncomfortable hassle.

I don't plan on lowering the SRT-4 with anything less than Mopar coilovers when they are available. I've never found and aftermarket spring that feels as comfortable as stock. Sure, your car will handle turns better because it is lower to the ground, but for normal driving, the ride will suck.

Don't get springs, wait for a full coilover suspension system including struts designed for the different spring rates.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
mrmixitup said:
I learned my lesson from lowering my Spec-V. I used the most popular springs available, and it turned my ride into a real uncomfortable hassle.

I don't plan on lowering the SRT-4 with anything less than Mopar coilovers when they are available. I've never found and aftermarket spring that feels as comfortable as stock. Sure, your car will handle turns better because it is lower to the ground, but for normal driving, the ride will suck.

Don't get springs, wait for a full coilover suspension system including struts designed for the different spring rates.
DUH!!! The point of lowering the car with performance srings is for better handling, not for looks.

If you want looks with a soft ride, get springs with lower spring rate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I agree with Mix, the coil overs will be the ticket. Too many kits are for looks and have not been properly engineered for handling with decent ride. Stiff is not always better.

In cars anyway.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yea, the Spec-V came with stiffer shocks than regular Sentras, and the springs available were designed for the other models.

Since the SRT-4 is also unlike any other Neon, it will be a while for SRT-4 specific springs to arrive. I wouldn't buy any other set.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
mrmixitup said:
Yea, the Spec-V came with stiffer shocks than regular Sentras, and the springs available were designed for the other models.

Since the SRT-4 is also unlike any other Neon, it will be a while for SRT-4 specific springs to arrive. I wouldn't buy any other set.
I like your thinking. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I saw the prototype coilovers at SEMA they looked good.

The Larry Morgan Mopar Performance Pro Stock team is a customer of ours. I guess that makes MP a customer as well. We just did a 55 foot trailer for SRT. It has a Yellow Neon SRT-4, a black SRT-10 truck and a Red SRT-10 Viper. It is a coupld of gigs worth of graphics. We work with a company in Detroit called Compitition Graphics. We did the graphics on the Morgan trailer and Pro Stock Car just before SEMA. W have also done the trailer graphics for two years on the 9 & 19 NASCAR haulers.

I have never tried to use this connection for my own personal car needs, but maybe I need to make a few calls and see if I can get some info on times, availabilities, and cost.

I have some cool shots of painting the Hemi race car and applying the graphics that I will put on the my web site in a week or so. We are so busy right now. We have about 30 busses and cabs to wrap before the end of the month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When i buy springs for the SRT-4, i am with out a doubt buying eibach....i had their sport springs on my 98 accord 2 dr and my brother had the pro kit on his 95 talon AWD. They were great. They really know how to make a quality spring. The SRT-4 is already on the eibach website= 2003 turbo - Pro Kit- 1.5 in front and 1.5 in rear. About to order them next week before they go on back order when everyone gets their SRT-4

·
Registered
109 Posts
How much for the springs? Spring kit is a lot cheaper and Eibach is among the best. The coil overs give you tuneability, adjustable ride hight, and leave you more sidewall room for wider tires, sometimes over an inch of extra clearance is obtained.

The killer set up would be adjustable struts with coil overs. The price is often not that much different if you compare a spring and strut swap with a coil over swap.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
2002 ACR struts and eibach springs, mo bigger rear roll bar and suspension bushings. Thats all I want. Although I like the idea of coilovers. . .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds like a good wish list to me. The bushings and the rear sway bar are a must. High on my list is quiker steering box from the ACR.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
PB Pod said:
Sounds like a good wish list to me. The bushings and the rear sway bar are a must. High on my list is quiker steering box from the ACR.
Yeah, WTF is up with the steering on the SRT? Its got a huge ass turning circle. Argh, It's such a cool car, but they could have made it so much better!! They have the friggin parts! Understeer from the factory is crap, don't try and save me from myself. :evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
el_jefe
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing