Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been hearing a clunk and squeaky noise from the front right side. The clunk happens over bumps, acceleration and stomping. The squeaky noise occurs at low speeds and is not very loud 10-20mph and is pretty consistent until moving faster.
The car has BC coilovers and is not slammed.
Tie rods were replaced 1 month ago as well as the CV joints. I discovered last wee]k that the damping was set to max stiffness last week and I quickly set it of 7f /5r which has helped slightly.
I've attached some photos as best I could get at the moment during my lunch time.
Screenshot_20190826-125746_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20190826-125729_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20190826-125717_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20190826-125656_Video Player.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My money would be on lower control arm bushings. The vertical bushings on the back of the arm wear out and cause sounds similar to what you're describing.
The sway links look like they're missing something as well. I wanna change those out. I need the shorter ones since my car is lowered correct

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sway links look like they're missing something as well. I wanna change those out. I need the shorter ones since my car is lowered correct
My money would be on lower control arm bushings. The vertical bushings on the back of the arm wear out and cause sounds similar to what you're describing.
The 2nd and 3rd picture is what I was asking about. I think I got the name of it wrong though.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Having the shorter sway bar end links is more critical in the rear once its lowered. I dont think you can go shorter than what you have in the front. (i dont think those fronts are OEM).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check the rear ones. I'm thinking about just getting new control arms to not have to deal with pressing and burning the bushings
Only had the car for a month. Have had to get a lot of stuff fixed 😐

Having the shorter sway bar end links is more critical in the rear once its lowered. I dont think you can go shorter than what you have in the front. (i dont think those fronts are OEM).

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
The sway bar end links aren't stock but as Gump said you don't want to go smaller than that. As for control arms, if you replace the whole thing go with MOOG and get the ones with problem solver bushings for the vertical bushings. They are a solid bushing vs the rubber ones that fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts