Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a return line kit (the one from agp) and a walbro 255 pump.
i also did the bottle neck fix, running a hose straight from the fuel pump, into a bulkhead in the canister, and continuing the line into a filter, and all the way to the front of the car, and into the new fpr.

my problem is that i am only getting 22psi (checked with two gauges) of fuel pressure at idle, even with the adjustment set to full fuel pressure. it seems to raise the pressure under boost, because the car is running ok. but i need to find out why i dont have any more fuel pressure.

iirc i should have around 48psi of fuel at idle (or is it 58)

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Did you get any answers? I'm having the same problems.

windoz05 said:
i installed a return line kit (the one from agp) and a walbro 255 pump.
i also did the bottle neck fix, running a hose straight from the fuel pump, into a bulkhead in the canister, and continuing the line into a filter, and all the way to the front of the car, and into the new fpr.

my problem is that i am only getting 22psi (checked with two gauges) of fuel pressure at idle, even with the adjustment set to full fuel pressure. it seems to raise the pressure under boost, because the car is running ok. but i need to find out why i dont have any more fuel pressure.

iirc i should have around 48psi of fuel at idle (or is it 58)

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Like the thread given to you, I bet the regulator is the problem. Do you have BOTH O-rings on the regulator? There is a small black one at the tip, and a larger blue one. Without these, your fuel pressure will be very low. If this is not the problem, maybe you split the hose being used for the bottleneck fix, or it is not on firmly. If you did not make that hose very straight, it may also be your issue. Also make sure all the lines you used during the return line install are nice and tight. Good luck

·
Registered
303 Posts
Today, I am going to completely seal the stock regulator off from the tank. Maybe even plug and remove it.

I can only get 20 psi static pressure.

setup is

rc 750's
boomba rail
agp return setup
walbro 255
i guess you could call my bottleneck fix the "spool boy" setup. feed line directly off the pump, through the cap and connected to the stock feed line for now.

HELP ME PLEASE. somone local come over and make me feel retarded...PLEASE. I can throw in 50 bucks or something if you get it running. I need help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
OK here is another symptom/question. The fuel pressure regulator will set at about 20 static and will react to vac/boost. But, shouldn't I at least be able to lower the pressure by adjusting the set screw in the top?

SRT4Greg said:
Today, I am going to completely seal the stock regulator off from the tank. Maybe even plug and remove it.

I can only get 20 psi static pressure.

setup is

rc 750's
boomba rail
agp return setup
walbro 255
i guess you could call my bottleneck fix the "spool boy" setup. feed line directly off the pump, through the cap and connected to the stock feed line for now.

HELP ME PLEASE. somone local come over and make me feel retarded...PLEASE. I can throw in 50 bucks or something if you get it running. I need help.

·
Registered
139 Posts
What fuel pressure regulator are you running? where are your lines hooked into the regulator? What ports? what is the direction of flow to or from the port?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the Aeromotive Regulator that came with my AGP return line kit. I have it set up like AGP recommends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts