Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love the speed of the srt4 neon but the looks of the car looks cheap in and out...gotta admit its domestic rice,its a domestic car trying to make it in the import scene no offense but its true!!!well im still thinking about what to get, i knoe that the wrx sti is more but its all wheel drive and looks better inside and out with mean looking
wide body flares, and technology from japan... just a over all sexy car!!!!

still cant beat the price of the srt...

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Sorry bro.....but i think u got it all wrong.

Looks outside 100% not cheap. The park bench....maybe a bit ricey, but I am in love with it.....may look like rice, but can fly faster than rice.

The interior is very nice looking. The A/C knobs I do not like, and never have since I had my '95 neon. It just the type of knobs.

Sure the interior is not a RSX, or a maxima, or a g35, but its nice, and the seats are very comfortable and make you feel very secure.

If you dont believe me, ask my wife who used to yell at me if I punched my civic past 60MPH at WOT. I pushed 100 a few times and not a single word out of her...so I take it she feels very comfortable.

cali

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
srt 4 speed said:
the looks of the car looks cheap in and out...gotta admit its domestic rice.
I guess we can count you out, after all, who would buy a car after ripping it like that. I wouldn't even consider it if I thought that for one minute. If you do get one make sure you put this quote in your sig: SRT-4, looked cheap in and out, but I bought it anyway! :roll:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Interior is ok, except for the cheesy "silver" plastic trim. Should left it black. And why doesn't the boost gauge match the others at night???? Gotta love the seats, and the steering wheel is awesome for one with an airbag. Plus, the SRT-4 on the gauges lights up at night. :twisted:

·
Registered
726 Posts
el_jefe said:
Interior is ok, except for the cheesy "silver" plastic trim. Should left it black. And why doesn't the boost gauge match the others at night???? Gotta love the seats, and the steering wheel is awesome for one with an airbag. Plus, the SRT-4 on the gauges lights up at night. :twisted:
I don't mind the silver trim so much as I do the shift knob. That thing is sooooo cheaply made! Even has a seam where the two halves were put together. I tried sanding it down but it scratched it up pretty good. Until I get a better knob on there, I was thinking about just popping it off and painting it yellow.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
el_jefe said:
I don't mind the silver trim so much as I do the shift knob. That thing is sooooo cheaply made! Even has a seam where the two halves were put together. I tried sanding it down but it scratched it up pretty good. Until I get a better knob on there, I was thinking about just popping it off and painting it yellow.
Yeah, I started a whole thread about the shift knob on neons.org It is awful. I like the design, I might see if I can get one made from spun aluminium that looks just like it.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Botom line...that fucking plastic sucks!

I rather have a stick with no knob. I like my hand on the shifter at times, but the plastic is so cheap...my palms stick to it.
I got an old shifter form my civic that I may throw on, but its not screw on...one of the "three hex nuts" type.

Cali

·
Registered
175 Posts
srt 4 speed said:
i love the speed of the srt4 neon but the looks of the car looks cheap in and out...gotta admit its domestic rice,its a domestic car trying to make it in the import scene no offense but its true!!!well im still thinking about what to get, i knoe that the wrx sti is more but its all wheel drive and looks better inside and out with mean looking
wide body flares, and technology from japan... just a over all sexy car!!!!

still cant beat the price of the srt...
Im sorry...but rice doesnt do 14.2 out of the box.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Fun with spraypaint...

I took the plunge with the shifter knob! As stated elsewhere here, a good tug straight up with both hands will remove the knob. (It goes back easily - pops into place with a bit of pressure - click!) I pulled out my lil' mouse sander and smoothed out the "line" where the two plactic halves were put together. Then, I put the knob on a small stick and sprayed it solar yellow. After a few minutes I sprayed on another coat for good measure. It's currently drying in my basement.

Next, feeling all too inspired, I took the silver plastic from around the radio/climate controls off, cleaned it, and sprayed that too. And again. It too is drying in my basement...

All in all, it doesn't look half bad if I do say so myself :lol:

Any ideas how long I'll have to let it set before it's dry enough to put my car back together?

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Re: Fun with spraypaint...

ohyeahwright said:
I took the plunge with the shifter knob! As stated elsewhere here, a good tug straight up with both hands will remove the knob. (It goes back easily - pops into place with a bit of pressure - click!) I pulled out my lil' mouse sander and smoothed out the "line" where the two plactic halves were put together. Then, I put the knob on a small stick and sprayed it solar yellow. After a few minutes I sprayed on another coat for good measure. It's currently drying in my basement.

Next, feeling all too inspired, I took the silver plastic from around the radio/climate controls off, cleaned it, and sprayed that too. And again. It too is drying in my basement...

All in all, it doesn't look half bad if I do say so myself :lol:

Any ideas how long I'll have to let it set before it's dry enough to put my car back together?
Shoulda bought the silver car like me so it all matched! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
He's just doing a conversion to a yellow SXT (saw one with the yellow painted interior trim when I picked up my SRT) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well, its not too wet to take pictures is it? :wink:

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
im so use to neon interior i forgot what other car interiors look like 8) , the only thing i ever disliked in the neon was the fact there no power windows in the back and in the srt4 u cant reach back to roll the windows down cause of the seats.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
17 Participants
DDakRT
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing