Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well let me start ,my car is tuned for 6.2 psi and it turned out 307whp on a dynojet but on the street the car is spiking boost of 8.5 to 9.5 and sometimes 11psi but since my car is not tuned for that it bogs alot at anything past 7.5 .so today i was on my way to pick up katie from work at about 10.30 on 95. when this jetta vr6 pulls up next to me and starts messing with me .so of course insted on ignoring him like iam supposed to i take the bait so i down shift and we are off so the first race i pull like a car ahead when the dreaded bog hits and my car starts slowing down,so he gains so i let off ,so we go again this time from second me hoping the bog will go away but its even worse so i lose by like 2 cars so he pulls next to me again and iam pissed so we go again this time i leave it third hoping it wont bog like it sometimes does but no luck so same thing happens again about 2 cars . so we got the exit the kid pulls over at a gas station and gets out with a cocky attitude and it turns out it was a turbo vr6 belonging to his girlfriend that car put down like 330whp and like 380 torque so iam like good race and he is like your car is pretty quick and i tell him my car bogs alot and he just looks at me like yeah right. but anyways in the first race i was pulling till the bog hit so now iam kicking myself for not fixing that stupid bog and losing to a damn vdub if it wasnt for that bog i would have been out.so the moral of the story if your car is acting up dont race nobody and dont take for ever to fix a stupid issue like that.because then you have a blemish on your record and a cocky vdub owner goes home happy because he just beat a s2000 :flame:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
and not just any s2000! a turbo'd s2000 :stab:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seltech said:
any clue why its boggin?
yeah i do. as boost climbs so does the fuel pressure, and my car is really picky about how much fuel it gets a psi or two extra and it doesn't like it,i need a wideband o2 so i can street tune my car, because a leaned out the car and it runs fine but since i dont know where the airfuel is i put it back the way it was just to be safe.i could have leaned it out yesterday while racing that vr6 but would look more stupid for blowing my car than just losing the race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Vtecnitian said:
yeah i do. as boost climbs so does the fuel pressure, and my car is really picky about how much fuel it gets a psi or two extra and it doesn't like it,i need a wideband o2 so i can street tune my car, because a leaned out the car and it runs fine but since i dont know where the airfuel is i put it back the way it was just to be safe.i could have leaned it out yesterday while racing that vr6 but would look more stupid for blowing my car than just losing the race.
yeah no doubt, best to be safe..

right now I believe Kustomatix has overstocked AEM UEGO's for 250$, don't quote me on that though.. I'll talk with him to see if its hes still got some on hand.

if you'd like i might be able to get one down to you on saturday at the meet.. let me know and i'll talk to chris about it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
seltech said:
yeah no doubt, best to be safe..

right now I believe Kustomatix has overstocked AEM UEGO's for 250$, don't quote me on that though.. I'll talk with him to see if its hes still got some on hand.

if you'd like i might be able to get one down to you on saturday at the meet.. let me know and i'll talk to chris about it
iam not a big fan of the uego it doesnt read below 11.1 but if he can can a deal on the innovate LM-1 let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
you know why its a honda, just kidding look you got a fine ass ride and a quick one at that but nobody can say they never lost shit happens get it fixed and go looking for him. btw i like your car even if it is a honda :hi:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
badseed1 said:
you know why its a honda, just kidding look you got a fine ass ride and a quick one at that but nobody can say they never lost shit happens get it fixed and go looking for him. btw i like your car even if it is a honda :hi:
yeah i know its a honda but iam still living in the past :rofl:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top