Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 srt4

so I replaced my boost gauge 3 times trying to rule this boost Guage flutter issue or jumpy gauge issue. didn't fix my issue

car is off Guage is at 0 which is good.
however when boosting it feels like a big turbo car take a minute to build up to 10 psi and the gauge just jumps around .

Amazon turbo kit oem style . I also bought a arashi wastegste with a 13 pound spring in it know just to test .

when I did my boost leak I hear almost lkike the turbo it's self is bleeding air inside if that makes sense . can't pinpoint my issue I've followed diagrams for vaccum lines and I'm sure I got them right. everything is zip tied. also have an ebay bov that sits on the turbo . looks like a turbosmart knock off. sounds great and car ran better with it on. but I was leaking air threw it during boost leak test so I removed it . and out the stocker bov on.

could having the lines mixed up on the turbo side do this ? or am I just crazy. been chasing this for a while even put a manual boost controller on and cranked it up. car pulls harder but still 10 psi it just feels like at least 18 psi butt Dyno. but I can't trust my Guage so I have no clue anymore .

also 4th and 5th gear feels like no boost.
if I press the gas pedal reapeteadly on off while driving gauge says like 1 or 2 psi. feels slow but lower gears pull .

any input would help. I followed the vaccum line diagrams and all.

1 more thing is I have no air filter , but that shouldn't matter , I capped off the line that goes to the intake pipe . no check engine lights either.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Post some pics of your vacuum line set up.

A fluttering boost gauge can mean many things, A leak failed component or a cross bleeding component. Have you tested your waste gate actuator? have you checked the check valves?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a similar issue. The boost gauge will flutter and the car felt like it was glitching. I would let off the throttle then get back on it to get it going and it was fine and would pull great after that. This was at WOT. I never figured it out.

I tried re gapping my spark plugs thinking it was blow by.....it helped but then came back.

Tried a new coil.

I did recently find a broken vacuum line. Don't know if that is it. Car is down to confirm.

Check your vacuum lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts