Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info on the car in question:

S2 w/toys inc. S2 WGA set to 4mm
K&N CAI
Forge BOV
Plugs gapped to about.040
Stock Exhaust

Problem:

When under WOT in gears 2-5, it will spike up to 16-18 PSI and then bounce aroudn a bit between the peak and about 15 PSI, then around 5K RPM, boost will start to drop until it is at like 10 PSI around redline.

A boost leak test was performed, and it was pumped up to 20 PSI.. no leaks could be heard and it took about 30 sec for the boost gauge to drrop back down to 0 PSI, so a leak doesnt appear to be there.

The WGA has been taken off and on about 4-5 times, so maybe the diaphram was damaged?? or could the stock exhaust cause this? Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I would emagine that the stock exhaust would be the cause. That is a lot of exaust to be pushing through the stocker. They do recommend the upgraded exhaust, clutch, and BOV for the Stage 2 kits.... Just my two cents. Seems like someone else tried the Stage 2 with stock exhaust without good results if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plan is to put the MPx system on this car, but who would want to wait to put that on to find out if it is the problem or not? :rofl:

Car has had S2 with stock exhaust for about a month and I don't ever recall it doing this until the past 2-3 days during which time the BOV was installed and the WGA was removed and put back on.... should the WGA be adjusted maybe, possibly a slightly bent arm??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts