Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please give me there insights on this situation. I ha e searched all the forums and cant find anyone with this same situation. 2nd srt4 I have owned. My previous car was an 05. Never had a problem with it. Bought 2004 blue srt4 a couple weeks ago. Seems to be stock other than agp wastegate and hks b.o.v.. Bought car from a local mechanic shop and was told it had been sitting for nearly a year when we first started the car it wouldn't rev over 2500 rpms plugged up scan gun and it showed cam sensor was bad changed it and it would then rev to about 4k and start cutting out popping and back firing. No more cam sensor code. Took the car to a guy that specializes in these cars and he plugged his laptop up to it and did some data logging now this is the weird part... Anytime u try to boost over 5 psi or or rev over 3500 to say 4k rpms the lap top shows its losing voltage at the tip map and inlet pressure sensor all at once. We have changed out every sensor on the car still same results. Also the car hesitates when starting. U got to start it over 3 to 5 times to get it to crank. Idols fine. Anyone have any idea what would be causing this? Fuel pressure is also right on point. Changed plugs wires and coil. Running out of things to try. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Any time you are having electrical issues with a car, it is best to inspect all the grounds. Any broken/missing/corroded connections can cause all sorts of weird electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response I didn't put it in the post but we have swapped out the entire wiring harness and double checked all grounds and its still doing the exact same thing. I noticed you have been a member for 15 yrs? With that being said would you know anyone you could point me in the direction of that could help me figire this out. I live in North ga but would drive my car anywhere in the u.s.a if someone was sure they could fix it... It's driving me insane!!!

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Thanks for the response I didn't put it in the post but we have swapped out the entire wiring harness and double checked all grounds and its still doing the exact same thing. I noticed you have been a member for 15 yrs? With that being said would you know anyone you could point me in the direction of that could help me figire this out. I live in North ga but would drive my car anywhere in the u.s.a if someone was sure they could fix it... It's driving me insane!!!
you didnt make a post in the new members section or i would have welcomed you to the forums. Also, i would highly suggest, if you're on facebook, to look up the Georgia SRT4 groups (there are at least 2 main ones). I'm a moderator on one of them (yes, i'm from GA also). There are some very knowledgable guys around atlanta that might be able to help. If you feel a shop would be more your style, A short trip up to NC to visit BST and have nigel diagnose it would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't even see a place for new members to post on here. I really appreciate your comments. How far up in n.c. is that shop?

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not to far of a drive. Would actually be willing to drive it to California if I knew it would result in getting it fixed. I also sent that one srt4 group on Facebook a request to join. I only found that one group for georgia... I'm gonna give Nigel a call Monday morning thanks again for your help. Muchly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
you're welcome. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do!! I got the car back from my buddy that had been trying to get it straightened out for me. I'm getting these 3 codes p0113 p2074 and p1187. The cars not hesitating as bad when cranking and u can run the car to redline as long as it's not under boost and it doesn't cut out or buck at all... U can now boost to around 5 or 6 lbs with no problems at any rpm. U can wot it till it hits about about 3300 or 3400 rpms then it starts cutting out back firing and bucking like a mfkr if it's under more than 5 lbs of boost... Wonder if anyone else has had this exact same problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts