Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal to have a loose/wiggly gas pedal? Today while on my way to work while driving I let off the gas pedal real quick and I heard a metal clanging sound sound. After I got to work I got out and looked closer and played around with the pedal and noticed it seems kinda loose. It will wiggle back and forth and I can duplicate the sound by pressing the pedal to the floor and then letting it snap back into place.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
where is the nut/bolt to tighten it at...just noticed mine is a lil loose too...havent had a chance to look at it yet

· Registered
2,356 Posts
:bump:

· Registered
4,807 Posts
I noticed mine doing the same the other night while at a drive in...playing with it and noticed that it has quite a bit of side to side motion, which I do not believe was there before....Shouldn't it just swivel forward and backward for heel/toe?

· Registered
2,356 Posts
yea mine has some of side to side play as well as well as up and down (aside from the normal swivel action)...any1 know how to tighten it? been at work and school all day so i havent had a chance to look at it yet

· Registered
4,807 Posts
IWantAn04 said:
yea mine has some of side to side play as well as well as up and down (aside from the normal swivel action)...any1 know how to tighten it? been at work and school all day so i havent had a chance to look at it yet
has anyone posted a solution to this? Tighten the cable?

· Registered
496 Posts
Take it to the dealer in the morning and they should have the car done by afternoon. I had a problem with mine and it looked like I was actually missing a bolt. If you have warranty just take it to them or wait until someone answers and knows how to fix this problem.

· Registered
211 Posts
i have the same problem. the top of my gas pedal is sticking up. im missign a bolt. the dealer ordered me a new one but never called me back to install it... bastards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts