Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a 2003 for several years, loved the little thing. Got rid of it when my boy hit 16 :wink: Now, he's married and on his own, looking to get one again.

Found a 2004 with 110k miles, motor supposedly replaced at 54k. Salvage title, they are asking $5500.

Thoughts/advice?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
No, not for a salvage title unless you can't find one somewhere else. You should be able to find a decent one for that price. Some may need a little work because of the previous owners.
There are a couple on here for sale by original owners but they want a little more for babied cars.
The original owners that held on to theirs knowing what they had seems to have kept them in good shape.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
No, not for a salvage title unless you can't find one somewhere else. You should be able to find a decent one for that price. Some may need a little work because of the previous owners.
There are a couple on here for sale by original owners but they want a little more for babied cars.
The original owners that held on to theirs knowing what they had seems to have kept them in good shape.
Don't do it unless you went thru that car with a fine tooth comb....and even then, don't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well..... My car has a flood title. I bought it back in 2010 with 47k on the dash, just recently hit 94k =). The biggest issue it had was the typical stickermania and autozone sensors causing the car to throw fits, but the car was bone stock and all vins matched. Other than the occasional camshaft/ sensor magnet combo the car has been rock solid, compression numbers are only 1 psi off from the time I purchased. Given the fact I still own the car and use it everyday I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Now, here is the flipside. If things had not worked out this would have been a bear to unload because branded titles don't hold much value unless it is a super rare car. And SHE would have been right :lol:.If you can live with that and do all your own work it can be a good deal but not at that price. Subtract 30% and work from there expecting to drive it till the wheels fall off.

One other thing I left out, the dealer I purchased from threw in a bumper to bumper 2 year warranty. If it wasn't for that I would not have purchased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts