Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Good time to switch to the plastic intake. They have o-ringed rubber seals and no heat transfer. Just don't over torque plastic bolts. Look into running water injection since the stock intercooler needs some help. It will make your back to back runs at the dragstrip more consistent.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good time to switch to the plastic intake. They have o-ringed rubber seals and no heat transfer. Just don't over torque plastic bolts. Look into running water injection since the stock intercooler needs some help. It will make your back to back runs at the dragstrip more consistent.
Where is a good place to buy the plastic upper and lower unit? As for consistent runs at the strip, well there are a lot of classes on Friday nights since it's open, that it's often 30-45min between runs. More like stand around after tech, park in your lane. Wait for them to finish "prep" on the track, wait some more, then as soon as you had enough and decide to go take a leak, they call your class. Then race to your car, drive up, stage, hit the skinny pedal, then cruise to get your slip, hurry back to your lane, and then wait wait wait some more.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
My wife found PTcrew after joining another PT site. She made a new into post on crew and didn't get a warm welcome. To sum up the replies from the Crew, Since she did not have the stock chrome GT rims she in fact did not have a turbo 5 spd pt gt. Pretty lame. So she or I will just read up when something comes up as they seem to have more facts then the other pt site. Occasionally I'll look on ebay for a plastic turbo intake, but it seems they are stupid too, and list them as the turbo unit, but the picture is of the normal NA 2.4l.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.