Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know some of you are probably gonna flame me but ya know I dont care :) I have a life long neighbor that owns an automotive products company (Justice Brothers for those who care) and because of his connection in the business and now his affiliation with Car and Driver, he gets cars from all the manufacturers to test drive for a week. Well today he drove by my house and stopped...he had the brand new Nismo tuned 350Z. Had nice little pin-stripes on the side and some other goodies (intake, exhaust, etc). Looked very nice but the sound was freakin awesome. Honestly, the car sounded like a much much quieter indy car. Im sure we've all heard teh stock exhaust which sounded similar to this but louder.

So is it possible for the SRT to sound like this? Possible combination of 3" turbo-back with the right muffler? Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ur neighbor actually owns justice brothers...wow thats cool man they are pretty damn big, making everything from carbon blasters to rad. flush machines. and 350zs just sound fricken awesome. u know they aint that damn fast in a straight line, but they sound great and handle like gods.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i don't think it's the exhaust so much as it's the engine. has anyone heard a stock G35 coupe hit the gas? i bring a change of shorts with me on the road incase such a thing happens

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we go to their house every christmas. Known them ever since I can remember. My sister and I grew up with their kids (same age as my sister and I).

He's got a pretty awesome car museum at their office in Duarte....reallly cool race car collection

·
Registered
742 Posts
Nope, no way the SRt will sound the same, unless you throw the Z's motor in it ;) That V6 sounds better than the porsche and the BMW I6

Also, I was on the Billyboat exhaust site listening to the notes of various cars. Go listen to the 350Z, its totally worth it. Even the Evo sounds better than the SRT. The SRT is too raw, the cackling sounds like someone is clapping. Reminds me of the "car wash" song :)

Also listen to the BMW M5 and the dodge Ram SRT-10, they sound wicked!

EDIT - The VW r32 sounds similar to the Z. Music to my ears! :readclose

·
Registered
236 Posts
blacksheep said:
Nope, no way the SRt will sound the same, unless you throw the Z's motor in it ;) That V6 sounds better than the porsche and the BMW I6

Also, I was on the Billyboat exhaust site listening to the notes of various cars. Go listen to the 350Z, its totally worth it. Even the Evo sounds better than the SRT. The SRT is too raw, the cackling sounds like someone is clapping. Reminds me of the "car wash" song :)

Also listen to the BMW M5 and the dodge Ram SRT-10, they sound wicked!

EDIT - The VW r32 sounds similar to the Z. Music to my ears! :readclose
Porsche makes a I6?...

Actually I hate the hollow sound of the 350z/g35 v6.

Personally nothing will sound as good as a early 911 turbo on full boost at 6200rpm!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
IOWNYOU said:
Porsche makes a I6?...

Actually I hate the hollow sound of the 350z/g35 v6.

Personally nothing will sound as good as a early 911 turbo on full boost at 6200rpm!!!!!!!!!!
I meant to say the porsche, BMW I6. To my knowledge, they DO NOT make an I6. The 911 BB exhaust didnt sound so hot to me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.