Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a srt4, for $2800 bucks. It has 130k first gear grinds, and the owner says its out 2 teeth on the timing belt which causes it to have a misfire when cold. He also stated that there is a boost leak coming from the intercooler. Do you think this car is worth the $2800 or* should i walk away? Sorry i know this is for introductions but i dont own one of these yet lol. Thank you in advance for the advice

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
i just sold the wifes srt4, rough body, salvage title, great running for $3500
if the body is clean, rust free, not bad..
130k bottom end should be fine if its a stock turbo
i'd go with 2500 cash ..

expect ~1k for a good/rebuilt stock trans plus 300 for stock clutch

·
Registered
69 Posts
Boost leaks are typically a pretty easy fix. If I were you I would run a compression check to make sure the motor is healthy and your not jumping into a potential engine rebuild that you don't know about… If everything checks out then 2500 cash would be a pretty good deal. But you should also look for shoddy workmanship also… if there is anything that you can visually see that looks botched or half assed I would be knocking that price down and pointing out potential issues to the owner.. like anything to do with electrical such as cut or crimped wires or stuff that has been bypassed. Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
971 Posts
I wouldn't touch it bro

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts