Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does this look like a solid car? Obviously I wouldn’t pay that asking price. I asked for a video of it running and it sounds good except for a slight ticking. I’m assuming it’s valve train related. From what I understand that’s fairly common especially with the cams. I got some pictures of the underside and it looks pretty much rust free. It looks like it has some paint chips under the hood which seems odd. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

Does this look like a solid car? Obviously I wouldn’t pay that asking price. I asked for a video of it running and it sounds good except for a slight ticking. I’m assuming it’s valve train related. From what I understand that’s fairly common especially with the cams. I got some pictures of the underside and it looks pretty much rust free. It looks like it has some paint chips under the hood which seems odd. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks.
Looks clean. I wouldnt give them more than 8 grand myself. its the absolute worst time to buy a car.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,460 Posts
Slight ticking in the SRT4 tends to happen over time due to cam wear, exhaust if I remember right.

I'd be really wary of a big turbo srt with nitrous... I agree with lilviper, 8k is what the car is worth. Big turbos, nitrous, go fast stuff on this car shouldn't ever raise the price over a comparable stock version, just in terms of how the car will likely have been beat to snit.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

My car was ticking when I bought it, the tensioner was bad, and the car had 800 miles on it. Who knows if the timing belts ever been done.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Use a short Stick, or a broom handle and place it against the block and put your ear on it. if thats rod noise or piston slap you will hear it thorough the handle. If its not, move the handle around to different suspect components. you will hear it.

Similar to this very large screwdriver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts