Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a spot to take my car if i get into a bind or get in over my head on a peoject. Anyone know any good mechanics in geoegia? Ha ive called some shops and soon as they hear srt4 they wont work on it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You'll probably want more than a generic mechanic (parts replacer) for project work. Try searching for speed shops / performance shops. If the shop has a dyno, they'll probably work on your SRT. For what it's worth though, the SRT isn't the worst FWD vehicle to work on and you should be prepared for downtime and issues if you are going to treat it as a project car. You could probably resolve nearly every issue you encounter with a little bit of persistence and forum assistance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I dont mind doing stuff myself, but some times with the big jobs where time is a factor would be nice to have a phone number to call that i know i can get it taken care of. I used to live in socal, (where i bought the car) but now i live in GA and havent found a good shop mechanic yet. Im hoping someone on here has had some work done in GA, if not i guess ill keep looking.

Cheers

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks for the info, I dont mind doing stuff myself, but some times with the big jobs where time is a factor would be nice to have a phone number to call that i know i can get it taken care of. I used to live in socal, (where i bought the car) but now i live in GA and havent found a good shop mechanic yet. Im hoping someone on here has had some work done in GA, if not i guess ill keep looking.

Cheers
Good luck. I ended up driving 5 hours to Brutal Speed and Tuning in NC. Every other shop failed miserably. Whatever you do, do not go to Mainstream Performance. Worst turbo install ever, had to rebuild engine. I could write 10page essay about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts