Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting this srt has 80k on it and 3rd owner but the engine bay is not stock. whats missing and also its throwing code p0073

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The only things that stand out to me as missing are the stock intake/air box and the plastic injector cover. The ambient air temp sensor (source of your code) is all the way to the right in the picture, between the headlight and the fuse box.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I got it inspected today and it looks like the only things that flagged is it has a side mtx exhaust and a bad inner tie rod and that code but also its parking lights are not working. Otherwise its in excellent shape. I am wondering if I should pass or not as my fear is the parking lights and electrical issues can be badddddd. The owner had it since 08 but his son drove it for a few years then passed away so the owner has had it sitting for the past 4 years in a garage only taking it out a few miles a month to keep running.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
issues

The only things that stand out to me as missing are the stock intake/air box and the plastic injector cover. The ambient air temp sensor (source of your code) is all the way to the right in the picture, between the headlight and the fuse box.

is that code bad btw can I drive without it does it throw timing. and do you see the sensor in the picture. also if you could help with my above post

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The multi function switch that controls the lights is a known common problem. It or its connector could cause your light problem. Assuming the bulbs are good.

The ambient temperature sensor is normally in the intake elbow of the air cleaner box. I can't really tell in your pic if it's there and connected. The throttle inlet pressure (TIP) sensor is visible there, but the focus isn't great, so I can't make out much. The ambient sensor is used to help determine maximum boost, but I don't think it should affect drivability. This isn't SRT-specific, but there's good info: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0073-obd-ii-trouble-code-ambient-air-temperature-sensor-circuit-high-input-by-jamahl-walker

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok

The multi function switch that controls the lights is a known common problem. It or its connector could cause your light problem. Assuming the bulbs are good.

The ambient temperature sensor is normally in the intake elbow of the air cleaner box. I can't really tell in your pic if it's there and connected. The throttle inlet pressure (TIP) sensor is visible there, but the focus isn't great, so I can't make out much. The ambient sensor is used to help determine maximum boost, but I don't think it should affect drivability. This isn't SRT-specific, but there's good info: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p0073-obd-ii-trouble-code-ambient-air-temperature-sensor-circuit-high-input-by-jamahl-walker
ok so if its all good otherwise for 6k with 80k miles is that a pretty solid deal. also the box next to the intake filter that hs a hose going into it is that a catch can?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes it looks like a catch can. As far as price, it's hard to say. It depends on a lot of things. Without knowing much about it really, my initial thought is it's a little high. Maybe make a slightly lower offer and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts